Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
17" rims, and eibach springs, will 215/45/17 tires fit??

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
It'll look nice with eibachs and 17s. With upgraded wheel size, you'll have more ground clearance than with the stock 15s so you wont scrape as much. I noticed a difference with clearance right after the 17s install.

Stock 4x4 height with 15s

Eibach install with 15s

Eibach install with 17s

·
Registered
481 Posts
Sounds like it's different for the MX6's but I know with 215/45/17 on my TX5 (aka 626) that they catch the rear guards and I have to get them rolled, especiallybefore I go the eibach's ;)

Generally only happens with two or more passengers in the car and when I am cornering hard. So I haven't rushed out and got it done yet.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Ruubstr94Ls said:
It'll look nice with eibachs and 17s. With upgraded wheel size, you'll have more ground clearance than with the stock 15s so you wont scrape as much. I noticed a difference with clearance right after the 17s install.

Ruby-correct me if I'm wrong, but the diameter or circumference of a low profile with a 17 should be the same as a stock 15" setup, withing a fraction (theoretically: bigger rim with shorter sidewall is equal to a smaller rim and taller sidewall). If that is the case, the ground clearance would be the same because the axle is at the center of either. Perhaps ground clearance isnt what you meant. It might be possible to alter the amount of space in the wheel well/fender due to ratios of tread width to sidewall height, which, as you know, are factors in determining the "series" of a tire size designation.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Cool. I mean the ground clearance measuring from the ground to the bottom of the car.:) I have 205/45/17. Stock was 205/55/15. I measured b4 and after with the wheels and it raised up my car 2in so I can put the jack under it which I'm happy so thats about it.

Cya})

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
drop it on 18"s or don't leave your driveway!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts