Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, now that I've pretty much got my MX6, I have to pick it up Saturday, I want some new rims for it. I've always had the intent to get new rims for it, as soon as I bought the car. I think even though the 95+ models had "revised" rims, it still looks a million times better with some real rims.

Anyways, where should I start shopping? What should I be looking for? I was thinking 18" chromies, to go with the silver. I think it would look sweet, but where I'm really lost, is what type of tyres should I get? I have no idea.

Oh and as far as lowering the car, this place nearby offered to lower it 2" for about $280 with pedders springs? Is this good bad? Any advice.

Im in melbourne.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Congartlations on your purchase Satan and welcome aboard!

Chromies?
Dont even think twice about it, go for it! Thats like asking yourself whether you should wear old scuffed shoes with your Armarni suit. Why not go for 19's? Personally im a fan of those Ame Pryder rims and i think they'd look a treat on a 2nd gen.

Pedder springs are good but it comes down to personal preference. Some say they're too hard, others love a firm ride. Speak to your fitter and ask what can you expect from your ride after they've been installed as he does this day in and out.
Where can you get them for $280, coz im interested also!

·
Registered
164 Posts
another convert...lol
they are a gr8 car. i must admit i found it hard to keep up with the 1st gens on a cruise earlier in year, but hey, when somethings this sexy, who cares:D

i had mine lowered 1 1/2 inches, regret not goin 2

i recommend goin to a proper suspension place, when i got one quote he said jus tell him where i want the car to sit, and he'll do the rest.

i found even with lowered springs thrown in, the front sits a little higher than the rear... not good for front wheel drive!

as for wheels, i got 17's, look good, jus wanna get wheel spacers now to push them out to the guard a liitle more
all personal preference on type, i didnt go chrome cause i thought they looked a little tacky.. like i said, personal preference
happy shopping

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Ah, no chromies :(

Alright well some of them look alright, but some look like absolute sh1te. Just as long as they arent the cheap and nasty 'bling bling' type.

Just my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i found even with lowered springs thrown in, the front sits a little higher than the rear... not good for front wheel drive!
i think you'll find this is basically for looks. i.e. rear slightly lower than front.

and dont listen to people who dont like chromes. they look great as long as ur car is lowered. i put my brothers vault krystal's on my 1st geb for a week. and it looked great. take a look at the vault range..they are all sexy.

$280 for 2" is a great price. mine have king springs, which are also a firm ride. only negative thing about a firm ride is when u hit a bump at high speeds, the car jumps up. but its better than having a soft ride with the car bumping up and down all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts