Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Wow... such horrible news. That's so sad to hear, especially considering his baby and family. I hope the worst for the person who did the crime, he deserves everything he gets. Ian was a very nice and noble guy in the online-community, this is a tragic thing that happened to somebody so young. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP Anthrax.

I'm down for the donations... let's do it guys.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
alright check it out. im making these for everyone who can donate something to chris.. paypal chris, and he'll give me names and addresses so he can make a collection to send to his family and ill mail you the decal. lets try to make a minimum of $5 donation? think about it. if 100 of us donate, $5 a pop, thats easy $500 for his girl and daughter. lets do it!

one design. one size. this was hist first design that he made for us.

just let him know in your "note to seller box" if youd like a decal and provide him with your address. they will be approximately 6" wide and 3.5" in total height.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
That is unbelievably sad... I can't even come up with words.... Just an unfair, cruel, and undeserved event taking someone who meant so much to so many people. F the ginger basterd who did this! Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and close friends...

I'm definitely in for the collection, paypal address?

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Lets set up a separate thread (chef will do this) with donations, so all the info can be consolidated in one place, and it could perhaps get more attention. I'll put it (or copies of the thread) wherever it needs to be as well, so we can get this going. RIP anthrax.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Thank you chef. I'll throw it up for announcements, too.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Just saw this on Chefs facebook. Im at work in tears. This is horrible :(

My condolences to his family.

Chef, i want to donate, but i dont have paypal. can you PM me?

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Just wanted to share some messages from Ian's family for those of you who don't have facebook.

"Hey Chris, I am Ian's dad, and I had a chance to read through most of the threads on the forum. I never knew how involved he was on them, but from the sounds of it, he had another family I didn't know about. I just wanted to let his forum family know how much I appreciate your kind words and thoughtfulness for us and your involvement in his life. He is truly an amazing son because of the things he did and the people’s lives he touched and more so because it was just who he was, genuine. I love him and will miss him beyond belief, but just knowing how much he was cared for by others, makes that burden less difficult Thanks again, all of you, for being Ian's friends."

And from a conversation with Ian's sister.

"This is just truly amazing I am almost speechless! Thank you so much for everything you are doing. He was a wonderful person, and it makes me smile knowing you and others in your community have been able to witness it! every little bit helps, just to see the support is so uplifting! I can not thank you enough. My parents are wanting to sell his new car that he got recently to pay for the funeral, but me and my brother are pretty against it, since we know that his car was his baby! were going to do everything we can so tyler, my other brother will be able to keep ian's car. I don't wanna see it go, and I know he wouldnt want to either! Thank you so much again, for everything you're doing!!!"

·
Registered
493 Posts
RIP Ian! .. didnt really know him, but definietly a tragic and very sad event for a local member who really did seem like a true car enthusiast, and a legit, genuine guy. I will be sending a small donation to help out on Friday as well!

·
Registered
482 Posts
This is awesome guys, we can seriously make a huge positive impact by coming together. When my best friend died 6 years ago, the Subaru forums got together in Anchorage and did the same thing, and these situations aren't easy. Sign me up for a few stickers, every bit helps and we ALL know he'd be part of this if it were one of us.

RIP Anthrax.....

·
Registered
90 Posts
I come back to the forums after a week away and this happens....Man why does this shit have to happen to the people we know?

I am at a loss for words atm, RIP Ian, I hope you are happy where you are man.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
What is wrong with people these days, I cant imagine how his family is feeling. My condolences to them.
RIP Anthrax, hope your're in a better place.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts