Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
What a terrible story. I read the news report. He was such an enthusiastic and great guy from the small contact I had with him. I wish for the best for his family and friends and hope it all works out ok.

The crew here in Perth, OZ send our condolences

·
Registered
334 Posts
omg... i was reading his thread the other night and i saw someone posted RIP Ian.. and i was like.. ??? The heck?? Then this.. =(

My prayer goes to his family. =(

·
Registered
193 Posts
What kind of a shitty fuckin person stabs a man to death without knowing who the man is?!?!?! I haven't had much contact with Ian but my brother Joey has and well Ian seemed to be a great dude and an even better dad. Now this family is torn apart and that little girl is going to grow up without the most important person to her. Shame on the killer, he should spend 10 years in jail for murder + 25 years in jail for ripping a family apart. It sucks to see how easily a man can take away another man's life. My condolences to the Decker family.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
What kind of a [shizzle]ty [fizzle]in person stabs a man to death without knowing who the man is?!?!?!
Like it said in the story; they knew eachother... so.....:confused:

Jesus [fizzle] this is nuts.... Wow thats heavy. Yeah Im down for donations for sure. Didn't know the guy at all, but I can't even fathom what his family must be going through. Man... I'd be happy to help; thats for sure. Looks like he was a helluva good kid in that pic. Just a crying shame his daughter will never grow up to know any of that herself, personally I mean.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
The killer should receive death penalty :mad:
Unsure if Iowa has the death penalty. I think a slow painful death would be fitting, he should not be able to suffer less than Ian did. Something along the lines like being run over by a john deere combine would be good, since iowa is full of corn fields.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Wow, I've been off the forums for a while now. He lived a short distance from me and it didn't even make the news...
I'm still in shock that someone could hurt that kid. He always seemed so open and friendly. I will definitely be donating and if there is anything the family needs or that I can accomadate them with please Chef or somebody let me know. I'm nearby and would not hesitate to show the same kindness and good spirit the Ian showed all of us.
My prayers are with the family, especially his darling little girl. God bless the Decker family.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Unsure if Iowa has the death penalty. I think a slow painful death would be fitting, he should not be able to suffer less than Ian did. Something along the lines like being run over by a john deere combine would be good, since iowa is full of corn fields.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Iowa doesn't have the death penalty. I've wondered that do capital murderers in non DP states are somewhat "emboldened" because they can't be killed for their actions. Now, I haven't talked to any death row inmates or life without parole inmates (from non DP states) to confirm or deny but it's just a thought.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
*Shakes Head*

I have no words for any of this. There have been to many losses lately it seems.

I am in for the donation to his family.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I feel sorry for his family and it is really sad to know this story.

Based on what the news mentioned, the killer unlikely to be guilty for the 1st. If the killer get the right attorney, he may be charged for involuntary manslaughter. I know some of you can not accept this, but this is how the law normally play out.

Unless, the cop find additional evident, witness on his motive, planning or action...........not sure if there is more witness can go to the stand, however the statements from his wife/girlfriend and "the kid played video game" is hard to charge him for the 1st as their statements cant really show the intent of the killer........."beyond reasonable doubt " in a murder case sometimes is really hard to prove............

Now u know why OJ & Casey Anthony not guilty for their murder? It is very sad indeed.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Talk about some serious tension in the court room.

Wishing the best to Ian's family.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys been a while since I posted last. Today(Monday) was jury selection. Tomorrow starts the real stuff with me testifying after our friend. It's gonna be stressful, I can't even sleeP now.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts