Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding a KL-03 and was wondering (yes I did a search,, only came up with 1g 4cyl stuff) if there is any advantage to useing Millenuim rods? Can Millenium rods fit a KLDE without mods? I ask now cause I might be boosting in a year. Want to make sure my bottom end can take it.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
JamesP said:
I am rebuilding a KL-03 and was wondering (yes I did a search,, only came up with 1g 4cyl stuff) if there is any advantage to useing Millenuim rods? Can Millenium rods fit a KLDE without mods? I ask now cause I might be boosting in a year. Want to make sure my bottom end can take it.
If you search for the correct word, you might have had more luck. The car is a MILLENIA.

Apparently the Millenia S rods use a floating wrist pin, therefore you will need custom made pistons to go along with them.

However, they are forged for increased strength since the Millenia is supercharged.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Malicious said:
Apparently the Millenia S rods use a floating wrist pin, therefore you will need custom made pistons to go along with them.
Correct.
However, they are forged for increased strength since the Millenia is supercharged.
I do not believe they are forged. They are made with the same process / material as our stock ones. However, they are thicker so that's what makes them stronger.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
Correct.

I do not believe they are forged. They are made with the same process / material as our stock ones. However, they are thicker so that's what makes them stronger.
My mistake... :wave:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My mistake as well for the bad spelling. Does anyone know what piston I would have to buy for this? Is it just a piston for the Millenia or is it a special size?

·
Registered
339 Posts
JamesP said:
My mistake as well for the bad spelling. Does anyone know what piston I would have to buy for this? Is it just a piston for the Millenia or is it a special size?
www.importperformanceparts.net

They sell the aftermarket pistons with Millenia rod combo. About $850 for the set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.