Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought Id post some pics of my stock wheels. For some reason I love the way my stockers look on my car.:D
My dad thinks there the uglies things:p He walked out of the house just as I had finished putting them on. The first thing he said was.........WOW, those are so ugly:sigh:
I like um a lot, plus it makes my car a sleeper from hell!!!!! Plus the car rides better, and I got lots of tread for some fun!!

Only 2 pics, but hey??

:wave:
Cya!!!

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
mx6GT91 said:
I like um a lot, plus it makes my car a sleeper from hell!!!!! Plus the car rides better, and I got lots of tread for some fun!!
Man I hear that, these 17" 45 series wheels make the ride so different, I mean it handles better and all but man!!! I am gonna be experiencing the smooth non 'wandering' ride again soon when I put my 15 Khumo winters on :D

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I have 40series so Im sure you can hear and feel my pain. hehe
It actually bottoms out less with these tires on, but the ride seems bouncy. I guess cause theres more tire

When I get new tires im goin for 215/40's..........might as well go wider. I would get 45's but I know they'll rub on my fenders

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Yeah, the 15s definitely have a smoother ride quality than the 17s. I noticed that right away after upgrading to my 215/45/17s. I do have 195/60/15 winter tires on FC rims for the winter though. I'm thinking of painting my stock rims white and putting those on when I feel like a change (as mx6gt91 did :D )

·
Registered
192 Posts
i had the 45's close but worked, i just raised my ride height for winter (coil overs) and it went from bouncy to smoother and it was nice, and i still have my 17's on, cant wait for radials either for a while. But im never slamming my car again, if it rides that rough, just lower it a bit. Dont need it low for drag racing anyways, or killing hondas.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I think the 4WS swirlies look better than the regular GT rims. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Man your car is LOW. If I tried doing that with mine I wouldnt be able to get around in the winter for one, and I would bottom out all the time because I hate going slow over bumps.

It's hard to see with how dark it is but I think I'd agree with your dad's take on this one. Just doesn't look quite right, I'm used to seeing rims on that car.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I kinda like it...give it that 'street rebel' look. :E

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I think the 4WS swirlies look better than the regular GT rims.
Ya me too, the 4WS look like FC wheels........kinda

Its pretty damn low, my under carriage is like.......LOW!!!!

I was getting over one night and there was this beer bottle in the road........I had no choice I hit it and it just exploded
It was kinda cool, it sounded cool at least. hehe

So thats how low, I cant even fit a soda can under the side

I like them a lot, it gives me a chance to be different. Before I put them back on I think im going to get my wheels painted or power coated black. Or at least the same color as my hood. (its way darker) Just the part thats gunmetal though, I love the machined lip.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
those wheels look way familiar, except your car CAME with them... your car looks pretty good, i think we used the same paint on our wheels... heres mine with the same wheels painted the same color...your car makes mine look like a suby with a lift kit... heh

bet speed bumps are like curbs, you do everything in your power to avoid them

-Eric

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
rollin' stock 4WS rimz..........

MazdaMiester said:
those wheels look way familiar, except your car CAME with them... your car looks pretty good,
bet speed bumps are like curbs, you do everything in your power to avoid them

-Eric

Yeah, I like 'em !
However, I don't like them in "white". Gunmetal powdercoating would look good. As Miester mentioned, speed bumps gotta be killers........but with attentive care, the parking curbs can be eluded by your 4WS maneuverability. But when you do come in contact with the curbs, I'll bet it ruins your alignment........!

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya speed bumps suck in my car. For some reason if I go straight over them the car takes them better. If I go at an angle like some people my under carrage scraps............hehe
The noise actually doesnt bother me. I just hit the bumps, of course I go slow for the front tires. After the front tires have gone over the bump I just go. Passengers and bystanders (at meets) always freak out and say.............ohhhhhhhh!!!!!!

With those wheels on (put my 17's back on) I can hit the bumps and not have any scraping. With my 17's on I scrap those things that are right under the pedals (right behind tires) there suppose to hang slightly off the bottom of the car..................mine are flat...hehe

When I had my cat in that would scrap all the time, thats what actually cause it to leak. It made that bag sound. I went over a speed bump kinda fast and it pushed a hole in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts