Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. What is your guys' experience with Rota? I have heard some really good stuff about them, but they just seem sooo low of a price. They would be used w/ R-compound tires for autox only. Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks. Actually, I dont have suspension (other than brakes and RSTB), but I plan on it w/i the next few months; before I start the autox season. :D Thanks again.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just started thinking, these will fit 16-45-225 right? Or does it depend on the offset, particular tire, etc? Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, I dont know jack about tires. So, you're saying since the rim isnt very wide compared to the tire, the tire will "stick out further" causing more sidewall rollover? If this is so, what size would you recommend going to? 215? I would really like the tires wider than the stock 205. Thanks again.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One more thing, the reason I want 16s is mainly because of a lower height and less unsprung weight so that handling is improved. Would it be better to go w/ 17s so that I could fit the 225s for more grip, and more weight, or should I get 16s w/ only 215 or 205?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, thanks man. I'll check it out. But, if I decide NOT to get the RX7 rims, I basically have 3 options, what would be best.

1) 16" rotas w/ 225s- possibly too much rollover
2) same rims w/ 215s- not as much grip
3) 17" rims w/ 225s- more unsprung weight, higher ride height, worst acceleration

Thanks guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.