Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone here done that yet??

there is a guy in brisbane (yellow one) it's like 9 sec 1/4 mile.

basicly i was told you use engine , gearbox, diff , all the acsesories..

i'll try get some pics..

man that is one option to consider (if you got time and cash) to THROW around.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Do a major search as this topic pops up quite frequently.

People always seem to forget that the Mx6 is FWD and rotaries were made for RWD application.

It sure is possible and it indeed has been done a few times.

Now is it something to cinsder?

Well if you got that kind of money sure, but I doubt anyone here would want to spend the time and money to complete such a project. And again, many have suggested that it would actually be much easier to drape Mx6 bodywork on a RWD car than it would be to convert an mx6 into a RWD application.

And even if you wanted to convert to RWD, everything that makes an Mx6 an Mx6 would be loss except the bodywork, so draping bodywork over a frame doesn't seem that far fetched either.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think the mx-6 should've been RWD to start with. But that's just my opion. But why does everybody only ever think about a rotary engine. As cool as they are, there is a reason that mazda stopped selling the rx-7 over here( ie it blows up alot!) If you're gonna spend all that time and money, why not throw something else in there? If you can fit a RB26DET into a 240sx, i'm sure you can get creative with this car.

·
Registered
344 Posts
There just aren't enough MX-6 owners with enough money to fully test out the engine swapping possibilities of this car.

Besides, a turbo 2.5 is about as fast you should ever need to go. So get started on that.

After, 11 years, we are finally getting some decent pipes made. If we get enough people to start turboing their cars, we may see a major aftermarket company step in.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet, now remember it was an idea.
be nice thought.

rotary because there is about a milion of them, everywhere you go, and im sure a rotary is way cheaper then a 3000gt engine.

but hell, your right, if you had the money to do something like that, you might as well work a mx6 engine. (i mean there's a 590kw one.) (and blow cv's like nothing.)

well i was told by this guy, "why don't you put a rotary in"

and i said "because the rear wheel drive issues" then he proved me that there 's no issue there. (but till then it never crossed my
mind to rotor my 6.)

i guess it's not worth it,
mayube it is,
my 2 c.

·
Registered
135 Posts
black_93 said:
But why does everybody only ever think about a rotary engine. As cool as they are, there is a reason that mazda stopped selling the rx-7 over here( ie it blows up alot!)
Umm, just so you know, the RX-8 has a rotary and is sold right now.
yup.
And I thought the fourth gen RX-7 was coming here. Isn't it?

RicedoutMx6 said:
you might as on throw a 3000Gt twin turbo motor in there, they're basically the same size...
You're joking. Right?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
blaaa blaaa blaaaaaaaaaaaa DIE THREAD!!!!!!

this reminds me of the post i saw a month ago, and a month before that, and then there was another one a month before that, and so on and so on for 2-3 years......... same arguements every time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.