Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
source_d said:
what does a 1992 mx6 base have in it,rotary or pistons.
Niether, its powered by a flux capicitor.

Don't believe me? Well, heres a hint. The MX-6 engine has a valve cover.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont,a friend asked me and i didnt know,so i thought to ask someone who knows what there talking about..... thanks for taking it easy on me and yes i being sarcastic...

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
geez I'm happy neither of you were around when I was a newbie...

Although I do remember david figuerdo or however his name is spelled, told me I needed to learn more about turbos once because "replacing the stock intercooler pipes will do nothing but cause more turbulence and decrease power" This was before I knew that hard pipes kits existed, much less made by HKS. david, I think you are the idiot. :lol:

Source_d don't mind them. we all have to start somewhere. Unfortunately all of aren't born knowing everything :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
sleepermx6 said:
im sorry for being a smartace, it's not often i get to, and trust me reble2k4 you know i don't no alot about these cars.
I understand. I just feel bad for people that don't know things and are trying to learn and want to, then people jump all over them.
I used to be the same way about slamming people and saying to search, but now I just try to help people out. maybe it's because I'm not on the boards as much as I used to be...

·
Registered
897 Posts
The RX-7's have rotaries, hence the "RX" in the name. There's a few other cars that had rotaries too...but that was a long time ago. Notice the RX-8 has a rotary...there were other RX models too, before the RX-7.

I'm hoping Mazda bites the bullet and starts putting rotaries in all their cars. Or at least as an option. It'd remove the fear of buying a rotary because nobody can work on it. Well...there was a time when nobody could work on a piston engine either. But they all learned.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Dont' forget GM's mess with the rotary back inthe 60's and early 70's I believe it was. What a mess that was.

Felix Wankel is a Genius. :) I found a miniature "model airplane" .39 O.S. Wankel single rotor engine that puts out about 2hp at about 40,000 RPM of that tiny rotor. :) (those Apex seals are in heaven:)) Thought I'd share. www.towerhobbies.com has it there, it's like $320. I'd buy one just to say "I've got a rotary"..... heh.... wait...no I wouldn't.

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
Illswyn said:
The RX-7's have rotaries, hence the "RX" in the name. There's a few other cars that had rotaries too...but that was a long time ago. Notice the RX-8 has a rotary...there were other RX models too, before the RX-7.
R-100, RX-2, RX-3, RX-4, Cosmo, REPU on this continent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts