Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whch of the million bolts lets the intake turbo housing rotate into the desired location? is it the 6 bolts on the turbo housing, or is it the 4 bolts in the middle of the turbo and do u have to remove the bolts to rotate the housing or can u just loosen them also is there any seals i have to worry about messing up? i need help asap trying to do this tonight!!! thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
to rotate the compressor side cover part, there are like 6 bolts that hold brackets, 2 bolts per bracket, and u have to just loosen them, and then the compressor side is easily spun to whatever desired angle

no seals

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well let me c if i understand u the bolts that r on the exhaust side the ones farthest on the left side of the turbo? just trying to make sure

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
its the compressor side of the turbo, but the bolts face the exhaust side. sometimes the bolts will hit something and you'll need to take them out one at a time and get them past the spot where they hit and put em back in.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Highly recommend to dont take more than 1 bolt out at a time. You dont want the housing to move and damage your compressor.

Dont take them out at all if at all possible, just break them loose, spin it, and tighten them back up.

·
Registered
941 Posts
On mine i didnt have to take any bolts out all the way, just loosened them up and it turned without a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts