Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i first bought my car i immediately purchased a Weapon R Dragon Intake and had it on for aprox. 3,000 miles; it turned black so i took it off and decided to clean it and re-oil it like the instructions say. Then after another 3,000 miles while taking out the stock intake tubing i noticed that the foam filter element was rotting away, did i not use the right oil (K&N)or is this normal for a foam filter? Is the oil eating away the foam filter?

i am going to buy another foam filter element but i dont want to keep replacing them.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i dont think the foam filter uses oil. i thought u just rinshed it out with warm soapy water? i may be all wet about that, i dont have a foam one.

try getting ahold of weapon r or the place u bought it from and find out what the deal is. they might give you a new one, who knows. also if they wont i would check on buying a non-foam one, may save you some cash in the long run.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Filter

I've had my Weapon R for a ton of miles. I purchased the special cleaner from Weapon R. The K&N stuff is different because their filters are cotton and ours are more foam compound. Check out their website.
Tate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts