Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1993 LS V6 (99000 mi) engine has been rough when idle or accelerationg for some time. My mechanic pulled out the codes 17 & 24 (bad right and left O2 sensors) and suggested me to take the car over to the dealership because both O2S came up bad at the same time indicating that I could have a problem on my ECU or something. However, I can't afford a $150 diagnostics from the dealer. I'd like to know if just replacing the to sensors would be enough or if this O2S problem realy mean big bucks to be spent???

Thanks,

Marcio Correa

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
It is not uncommon for both to go at roughly the same time as they are equally as old as each other…
Just swap em..!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...

I didn't know that it was common for the O2s to go bad at the same time. Have said that, I'm gonna change them and se how the car works. Let's hope it's not something else.

Thanks a lot...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
if ur cheap like me check this out. a good way to save ~$60 http://www.probetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1701054184

its unlikely that they would cause the car to run rough though. replace your spark plugs, wires, and rotor cap and button. thats about $90 but worth it!! if its been more then 30k miles since theyve been replaced youll feel more power than you would by putting a CAI on. lol

you should probally adjust your tps sensor and idle too, having the tps sensor at stock spec will make your car run smoother too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've cahnged the O2s and still the same. I haven't checked the plugs yet. Tomorrow I'll get the them.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts