Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I overheated due to a coolant leak a week ago. Had the water pump changed but found out actual cause was bad radiator cap. Had that changed so the temperature is under control. However it still shakes in idle and it's very rough moving out of idle. And it's shut off on me a couple of times when coming to a stop. Could it be sensor damage due to the overheat? Would a tune up help the shaking?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Mate I’m not sure what is wrong, But the over heating may have wrecked seel on your intake.
An air leak on your intake could cause this problem.
A seal may have dried out or something. If it has It can be very hard to trace.{most likely to be the inlet manifold}
Maybe some one can help with this.
Good luck!
MR. MX6

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Temperature

Got a tune up today. That took care of the shaking. Oil was leaking from the valves into the plastic connecting the wires and the plugs. It still heats up more than it should. I just noticed that the engine fans aren't working. Going to get that checked out tomorrow...

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
If the shop didn’t replace the Valve cover gaskets you will probobly be back where you started {with the shaking motor} in a couple of months. there is a post currently in gen maint discussing chaining these your self ,if you are interested?
With the fan {singular, There is only one for normal cooling, The other is for the AC} It will only come on when the engine is very hot. If it doesn’t come on you may have a faulty temperature sensor {thermostat} switch. With the engine running pull the wire of the switch, and the fans should run {this will check the rest of the electrical system for the fan circuit} If they don’t run then you have some other problem with the fan electrical system.
Mr. MX6

·
Registered
390 Posts
Fans not working...

Take a look at your fan relays.. Had that problem with mine...

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Mr. MX6 said:
If it doesn’t come on you may have a faulty temperature sensor {thermostat} switch.
if the ECTS or its wiring was bad, youd have a CEL...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts