Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, my '95 MX6 LS (v6) has started idling rough at the start. The car starts fine and runs fine for the most part. When I first start the car it idles around 500 rpm (very low!?) and the lights are dim. If I rev the engine, the lights get brighter. While I drive, as long as I am on the accelerator, it runs fine. When I come to a traffic light or stop sign, it will idle back down around 500 rpms. It has done this several times but stalled only once at the light. If I am about to shut off my car in my driveway or a parking lot, most times it will stall. What gives?

·
Registered
811 Posts
When was the last time you did a tune up? It sounds to me like you need to adjust the TPS and idle. It is supposed to idle around 650-750 rpms. I would check for vacuum leakes and adjust your tps and idle.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the oil changed today, as well as the PVC valve. I also had the engine flushed. My guess is that it might be a vacuum leak because I failed my emissions test before and that was one of the possible problems. It was also burning oil. I don't have any oil leaks. How much would it cost to get it checked out and where should I go? I recently moved and I don't trust the mechanic I'm currently taking my car to. Would any of the chains take care of it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts