Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I made a search here and came up with some stuff, but still didn't get a conclusive answer...i have a '93 MTX 124 000miles...works well...but lately i have found that after say a 30 minute highway run if i am at a light with the AC on my revs fluctuate a lot...I know it used to do this sometimes, but now it just seems that at very close intervals it goes up to about 900RPM and down to about 500RPM...sometimes it seems like the car is about to stall...this happens when i am just sitting there at a light or something...and if i do put the windows down all the way the RPMs just drop o almost stall with the AC on...i live in Atlanta and its hot here....Any suggestions on a problem...or am I fine? sorry this is so long

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I would say bad Altanator or bad regulator.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, here is an update...I got the alternator checked at Autozone...and it came back as good...so after about maybe a week of extensive reading on PT i am thinking TPS...or MAF?...not sure...anyway its nice to have this site back...PT is nice and all but nothing like here...Posts on PT get buried really really fast!!!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Have you check for codes from the OBD? If its not the altanator, it may be the TPS. The MX6 does not have a MAF but a VAF.

You can also try to reset the computer.

G

·
I can tell you how I fixed my problem that sounded just like yours... I cleaned the IAC valve and all is working just fine now...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for the replies...I am gonna try what you said 4bangmx6 and let you know if that worked...

G

·
I had to grind the center of a torx drive to get one screw out, for some reason they at Mazda put a stud up the center of one screw. When I got it apart I sprayed alot of throttle body cleaner at it and used a tooth brush to get the stubborn stuff off. Just be real careful when you pull it off because things can fall off and go into the throttle body, but don't worry if it does...just take the large black section with the vacumn res. off and pick up the peice up agianst the butterfly valve. While you are at it when you get the IAC back on it would be a good time to clean your throttle body with the rest of the can. Check your plug wires while the car is running at nite and make sure you do not see any lighting bolts jumping around also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts