Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok our taillights have been an issue well forever the supra tails cool but i keep seeing more and more and they are expensive .Today i saw rsx tails on a buddy club 6 SWEET. anyone done this let me know ..there is one on cardomain if you guys want a look.

·
Registered
242 Posts
(Sorry for the long post)

the only thing with the rsx taillights is that there to big and bluky for the slender look of the mx6 rear there are pics of them in a thread in this fourum somewhere just take a look around always search and by the way they are making direct replacement tailights thatr are ariving in the states by the end of next week price is affordable and also they are lightes wit hthe strip L.E.D.'s like in the cadilacs tails and there almost all clear except for one reflector that makes them DOT approved in every state it should be at the top of this fourm take a look lot of support for them and there are pics of the actual tails comming out by the end of next week so stay tuned for those.

Acura integra 2g tails look pretty good on the buddy club equipped mx6's and theres not much filling just cutting so take a look around the whole site

Jimmy

(sorry for the long post)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Si[xXx]er said:
That might be neat to see, someone is manufacturing and selling some supra style tail lights. Info can be found here

http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75230

Could you post a link to the mx6 with the rsx tails???

-Bryce
I kinda hate this idea, because for those of us who spent the money to get the conversion, now everone can have the same look, and it doesnt look like we did anything except buy some aftermarket tailights

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
MX-sixed said:
I kinda hate this idea, because for those of us who spent the money to get the conversion, now everone can have the same look, and it doesnt look like we did anything except buy some aftermarket tailights
Maybe you shoulda spend all that money on performance instead. Can't mistake a fast car for a slow one, no matter what tai lights are on it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Jeez Parisifal. That was a bit uncalled for. Anyway, I'm sorry we are making the true customs look less custom. That was never our intent. We just wanted to fill the demand for aftermarket tails and stay away from crappy Altezza tails (Notable exception, the Altezza tails look amazing...on a real Altezza :D ). Anyway, we give MUCH respect to you custom guys. You're the inspiration.
Crooks

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Jeez Parisifal. That was a bit uncalled for
right on, zoomzoomv6, this is after all the APPEARANCE subforum. not everyone wants to go fast, but looking good while going fast is even better.

btw, maybe parisifal should post pics and performance mods of his car, so we can get an idea why he is so speed bias.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I've seen his car and I won't lie, it looks pretty good. FD wheels, front lip, dropped, all looks very good. But that's beside the point. It's almost as if he doesn't want ANY parts made for the MX6 with the exception of performance parts. And while I agree that performance parts are super important, has anyone seen the Ford Shogun? Basically, it's an old school Ford Festiva with the Taurus SHO engine and it FLIES. But it looks like trash and stuff so nobody knows what it is. On the other hand, the 200+Celica isn't really what you call a "speed demon," but since some people (myself definetely not included) think it looks good, especially kitted, it's a well-known car. The best is when a car is both beautiful and fast, for example the FD3RS RX7 or the RB26DETT Skyline GT-R 34, or even the 4DEG Mitsubishi FTO (sadly not available in the states). What I'm shooting for is to provide look-fast parts and go-fast parts to people that want them, not shoot others down for their tastes and opinions.
Crooks

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
that's not quite a lot of mods, but is his car fast? i mean like 13 second fast or just average.
i build my car cuz i like the look of the 6, but now i am currently doing performance mods. just installed klze, reprogrammed chip, 67mm TB, pacesetter headers, high flow cat, flowmaster muffler, CAI, 9mm plugs and wires,CFDF clucth, mx3 flywheel and so on. but im still not satisfied w/ how my car looks.
but i do love my new desire to go faster, so i dont blame him if he is bias, cuz speed is very addictive.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
HAHA, you guys just get way too up in arms.

I have nothing against tail lights or whatever. I do have something against people that complain too much.

If your car look good..

IT WILL BE COPIED.

So instead of bitching and moaning, he should have been proud that his 6 is one of those that led the way to aftermarket tails being produced, afterall, Supra tails are the inspiration for all the results. Hell I might buy them if they turn out nice. Just giving my counterpoint to the often confused owners that turn their arms in anger when their designs are copied. If that was true we wouldn't have any body kits for the Mx6 or hopes for the new tailights.

And again, I do throw my full support behind the tails that you guys are getting made. I was one of those people in the original drive for APC to make aftermarket tails for the 6 and now I'm glad someone has been able to push it through using their own personal drive.

But bitching and moaning I don't tolerate.

·
Registered
357 Posts
parisifal said:
Maybe you shoulda spend all that money on performance instead. Can't mistake a fast car for a slow one, no matter what tai lights are on it
YAY PARISIFAL!!! man, i love this guy, don't you all?? i agree with him about the bitching and moaning.

MX-sixed said:
believe me... $200 for tailights isn't spending money... if you really wanted something that was different from EVERYONE ELSE, you better think about spending $1,000 for your "custom" taillights...
...otherwise, you're just buying a set of aftermarket taillights... just like every other lemming...

and another thing... i'm tired of people calling these new taillights "CUSTOM"... PLEASE...they aren't custom... custom work doesn't come with a 200 unit minimum purchase.

don't get me wrong, i love people making aftermarket stuff for our car... please, its ONLY a good thing... just PLEASE get real... its not custom if they sell it in quantity, its **ONLY** CUSTOM if you put in the wrench time YOURSELF for your ONE AND ONLY copy of the item...

along with parisifal's complaint... my bellyache is about people and their terminology (which they use to make themselves *look* better and not *be* better)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Wow, holy anger. I've never called the tails we're producing "custom." That's just silly. Custom would be more like my interior or my exhaust. That's custom because I did the interior myself and mixed and matched exhaust components and had the shop build me a pipe. But no, our tails are not custom. Other stuff we do does count as custom, though. For example, our turbos are custom pieces because we build them to suit the customer's needs and wants and desires as far as horsepower and dependability and stuff. So don't confuse "new" with "custom." I certainly don't.
Crooks

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
damn

sorry i posted, i diddnt want to get flamed ,i thoght i had a legit post..as for performance ive done some of the basics ei: pacesetters,megan,vitek,clutchmasters,Im just tired of looking stock...

·
Registered
271 Posts
yo parifisal you need to calm down a bit when you talk to people. i get your point about people complaining but you dont need to turn 180 and be an ass and show your true colors.(which you seem to do quite often.)
hey rhumen you were quickto comment on mx-sixed about how he was complaining about his tails. now if you took the time to look at pics in the pics forum and read other peeps stuff you would know that him and like 3 other peeps did fork out the 1g or so to have them custom intalled.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Dude! This sounds like a project for me. Let me know where you saw those pics!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
MX-sixed said:
There is little hope in my mind for the aftermarket supra like tails will look anything as nice as a real fitted set (No offense Zoom). They will look diferent enough. ofcourse no one will know until they get in(shipped today I beleave). I think you will have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
No offense taken, unkiedave. They will be very high quality, but look different, of course. For example, real Supra tails are flat, and do not wrap around the bumper at all. Our tails are made to fit directly in the hole vacated by the stock tails. So yeah, they'll look different, but the quality will be the same as that provided straight from Toyota.
Crooks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.