Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was crusin around tonight and i was behind a RSX at a light, light goes green we go. he goes in the left lane so that we'd b side to side he was ahead maybe by a 3/4 car length. Then there was a red light in front of us so we slowed to about 20mph? he was a little ahead (i was at about his back wheel) then the light goes green and we were racing again. i caught up to him to get about even and then we were going about even for like 4sec. then he shut down. He had a new RSX-MTX- body kit, catback it think or atleast muffler and the car is nice as hell. and my 6 is a stock ATX so im pretty happy for running about even with him. I have class with him so i'll find out what he has under his hood

BTW earlier i wasted a civic w/ a muffler and i had 4 ppl in the car (including me)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Impressive man
Previously i thought RSX's were a little too strong for us with those 200 horses and 6spd :shrug: see what he's got under hood

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dima_MX6 said:
Impressive man
Previously i thought RSX's were a little too strong for us with those 200 horses and 6spd :shrug: see what he's got under hood
yea me too i thought i would just run for fun but i ran even and the 200hp RSX is 5-speed the 6-speed is RSX-S it got like 2 sumthing not sure but im lookin on acura.com on the new 2004 rsx only got 160 and the rsx-s got 200

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Good kill.. I have a buddy who consistently calls my car a "beater" yet he won't even think about letting me embaress him and his 35 000 CAD dollar RSX premium (160 HP) :shrug: only if he could run his motor like his mouth

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ya I can vouch for the Beating of RSX's I smoked and RSX-S a while ago, I have a 94 MTX with a little bit done to it, and I worked it, also we can beat older 240SX Turbo Hatchbacks which surprised me, I was really surpised with the cars that we can beat with orur little engines, Like 5.0 Stangs brand new Mustang V6 and many manby other cars, I always thought we would lose to the Probe GT cuz of their shorter Grears, but I have video of me beating 3 of them at once, (4 lane MX6 and Probe race) if anyone has seen the video.

Nice kill man.

Justin

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Make sure it's the Type-S, the base model aren't that quick

·
Registered
532 Posts
hatebreed420 said:
yea me too i thought i would just run for fun but i ran even and the 200hp RSX is 5-speed the 6-speed is RSX-S it got like 2 sumthing not sure but im lookin on acura.com on the new 2004 rsx only got 160 and the rsx-s got 200
The RSX Type-S has always been 200 hp and the base has always been 160 hp.

I don't know how you kept up honestly, but with basic breathing mods those cars respond VERY well.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I'm confused, so hatebreed, did you race the base RSX or the Type S. I was wondering how i would fare against a base model with my ATX. Good run regardless, and find out what work he has done to his car.

-Bryce

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Si[xXx]er said:
I'm confused, so hatebreed, did you race the base RSX or the Type S. I was wondering how i would fare against a base model with my ATX. Good run regardless, and find out what work he has done to his car.

-Bryce

the base RSX

·
Registered
532 Posts
hatebreed420 said:
the base RSX
Oh, I didn't know it was a base. Good kill then...I was wondering to myself how you thought you beat a Type-S; my bad.

:tup:

edit: That still is a really good win for you, even the bases have pretty good engines.

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
yeah the whole time i'm thinkin it's got to be a base rsx, but even the base can run a high 15 totally stock. 160 hp in that thing isn't shabby. so yeah, it's still a really good kill for you. a few months back i beat a type s with aem cold air intake, comtech headers, and greddy exhaust. both times i took him by a good car length

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
mxmissle9 said:
yeah the whole time i'm thinkin it's got to be a base rsx, but even the base can run a high 15 totally stock. 160 hp in that thing isn't shabby. so yeah, it's still a really good kill for you. a few months back i beat a type s with aem cold air intake, comtech headers, and greddy exhaust. both times i took him by a good car length
With or without ur ze???

-Bryce

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
i have trouble breaking out of the 15s, to be honest. but i always have 2.5-2.6 60 foot times. how that is cured, i do not know. but i consistently beat low 14 second cars on the street... from a roll or a stop. lately i've beaten a wrx, 350z, g35, new maxima, mustang... you name it. i have given up on track racing.

·
Registered
848 Posts
May I ask how the hell you beat the 350Z? They have 287hp and are capable of running 14 flat, and they have V8 like tourqe. I have a friend who has one (spoiled bastard) and I've driven it many times, and I know damn well that it will beat a ZE powered MX-6.

Don't get me wrong, I love the MX-6, especially the ZE, but the 350Z is equally fast to a TT 300ZX, and everybody would agree that those cars are way out of the MX-6's leauge.

The RSX Type S is a 14.6-14.9 sec car, that runs a little bit faster than the Type R, so 9 out of 10 MX-6's will lose to them, especially from a roll.

Nice kill on the base RSX though:tup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea all that the RSX that i ran even with is a catback but hes soon putting in a CAI and he wants to get some headers too

1 - 20 of 25 Posts