Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey pple been having a prob with my car......... wanting to stall but doesnt just dives down in rpm really low once i come to complete stop.

I just replaced my tb boot as well so no leaks there checked the cooler piping and seems ok.

Could maybe ignition causing this if its off?

I have cleaned the egr as well that helped with my idle tho:D

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
does it want to stall when you are just idling, or when you floor it then let go of the accelerator it just about stalls then picks back up?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if im driving along 60kmh or give it a bit doesnt matter and brake to come to complete stop it wants to die but it picks itself up after a sec or two

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
sounds like timing or ur ECU needs a reset....

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
bah,

idle air control valve sounds like it possible sticking.

ducktape how would ignition timing affect this. ? lol

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the one next to thortle body because i dont that has been cleaned ever lol or it has .....one of screws is broken of it so gona have to see how im gona take it off to clean that

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
yep should be around the tb area. cant remeber where a while since i looked at my engine lol...

um be a good idea to pull the tb completly off and clean it all nicely :)

is the car auto or manual ?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its auto...just got a new tb today eheh
as far as that my leads , cap,rotor,spark plugs are all new items so wouldnt be them duno it jsut started doing it

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
how is the car idling in drive and what rpm when in gear ? and in drive ?

maybe base idle is too low, but id say possilbe IAC sticky (clean first) or cheeky little vac leak ;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
neutral idles ok and in drive once it picks up after stopping its good .... i noticed that idle jumsp up and down in like but sligtly cant feel it on car but can see it on tacho

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
ducktape how would ignition timing affect this. ? lol
well. this happened to me when my timing was way out. had the timing set to 11 and reset ecu and all was good.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Boki - how did you go cleaning?

I'll have to do the same thing I think. But I'm only on one leg for another 6 weeks or so.... should be fun!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts