Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my car to the track last night. Its still not as fast as I thought it would be, but I guess with a my turbo as it is I shouldnt expect much. Why I expected more is because it was about 55 degrees last night. Probably colder.

First run, WOW, messed up. Wheel hopped then first popped out (Never happen before). I put it in 2nd, bogged out then it spooled and I spun all 2nd gear. I let off and continued. Yea, big ol mess. Dont even know why I finished.

R/T .360
60' 2.391
1/8 [email protected]
1/4 [email protected]

R/T .266
60' 2.355
1/8 [email protected]
1/4 [email protected]

R/T .275
60' 2.369
1/8 [email protected]
1/4 [email protected]

My BBS wheels spin a lot. Im sure its because theyre light and have all seasons. 2nd gear was just all tires. Next Wens, I may borrow my friends DR's

All in all, Im back where I started from. YAY.....:sigh:
I know someone that can rebuild my turbo for $150, its through a friend. Yes he does a great job, hes known for rebuilding turbos. I have a feeling that Im going to be needed a new compressor wheel though. Unless it can be fixed.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I'm on the same boat as you Ray. I need a new compressor wheel myself...Sick, you have any laying around the shop by any chance (60-1)?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
good runs ray. get some DR's on that bad boy and might eclipse a 13.99 if you shave any time off of your 60'

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. What I still dont get is that this motor is slower than my original. Yes my 60 foots arent very good. But I had similar 60 foots and was cutting better times in hotter weather.

Last night was COLD!!! My car should have been way faster. I really think my intercooler is holding me back. I dont even know anymore.....

·
Registered
616 Posts
See if you can get an intercooler with a garrett core (twice as many fins, more efficient, and less pressure drop generally...depends on the charge face of course). They are more $$$, but are well worth it.

Here's a pict so you have an idea of what I"m talking about...
These were old picts of when my SMIC's for my 300zx TT (see sig) were being made..this is a comparison pict. Bell cores on the left. Garrett (mine) core on the right.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already have a new intercooler. As of yesterday I need to worry about my headgasket. Thats right, blew the headgasket. Or cracked the head. I dont really know yet.

I was on my way to work, I noticed my temp gauge sweeping up to the middle. I made my way and shut the car. I coasted to a neighborhood. My temp gauge NEVER got past the middle with the car running. When I park I turned the car into the on position, I watched the needle climb to the H. This point Im nervous. I sit for about 30-45min, let it cool off and start it up. Started weird, slow/sluggish but cranked over with some throttle help.

Idle was fine, I started to make my way home. The temp started to go up again. I pulled over and sat for about 45min again. Looked under the hood, nothing odd. Just the over flow tank was full (thus overflowing fluid). I try it again, temp goes up I get half way down the street.

I call my dad, he brings some rope and tools. I pull the thermostat because I thought it was stuck. It was stuck open actually. I added some water, fired her up. Barley started, I needed to pump the gas so many times. Once she cranked over, WHITE smoke all over and she sounded like crap.

Also, something VERY weird. Water is coming out of the exhaust. Like, flowing almost.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
mx6GT91 said:
I already have a new intercooler. As of yesterday I need to worry about my headgasket. Thats right, blew the headgasket. Or cracked the head. I dont really know yet.

I was on my way to work, I noticed my temp gauge sweeping up to the middle. I made my way and shut the car. I coasted to a neighborhood. My temp gauge NEVER got past the middle with the car running. When I park I turned the car into the on position, I watched the needle climb to the H. This point Im nervous. I sit for about 30-45min, let it cool off and start it up. Started weird, slow/sluggish but cranked over with some throttle help.

Idle was fine, I started to make my way home. The temp started to go up again. I pulled over and sat for about 45min again. Looked under the hood, nothing odd. Just the over flow tank was full (thus overflowing fluid). I try it again, temp goes up I get half way down the street.

I call my dad, he brings some rope and tools. I pull the thermostat because I thought it was stuck. It was stuck open actually. I added some water, fired her up. Barley started, I needed to pump the gas so many times. Once she cranked over, WHITE smoke all over and she sounded like crap.

Also, something VERY weird. Water is coming out of the exhaust. Like, flowing almost.
That sucks!:sigh:

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
sounds like you cracked your head, pretty badly. happened to me. the water jacket cracked and i had anti freeze coming out of my tailpipe. also, the antifreeze will eat away at exhaust systems, well, at least it did mine (non stainless).

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
ahhh thats crappy.
Good Traps though
With traction you will hit 13's easy

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sounds like you cracked your head, pretty badly. happened to me. the water jacket cracked and i had anti freeze coming out of my tailpipe. also, the antifreeze will eat away at exhaust systems, well, at least it did mine (non stainless).
Yea, some were saying that

Glad I got a spare... The antifreeze eats exhaust pipes?? Mine is a 50/50, I hope not. That would mean my manifold and probably my turbo is screwed.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Damn Ray, seems nothing as of latley is going your way!

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea.. Tell me about it. Last week wasnt good because I got 2 tickets that came to $187 together. Not to mention 3 points on my license. Then some other little things happend.

And this starts off my new week. To tell you the truth, Im sure it was my fault.
When I left for work that morning I let my car sit at idle so it warm up which is what I always do. It idled for about 3-5min. I drove slow through my neighborhood, once I got to the main road I boosted 3rd and 4th gear. I thought for sure my car was warm enough to take some boost. I guess not, Im sure that my thermostat opened letting COLD water into my hot motor causing this problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts