Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Use run in oil, change every 500kms. I used a run in period of 1500kms.

Always vary your load....never drive at constant speed/constant load. Don't baby it...give it heaps sometimes....especially lots of load.

Other than that, just drive normally....

Pete

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what was the name of the oil you used Peter?
so don't stay at one speed & don't keep it on boost for to long
& no racing correct?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
hey dude, sorry to get off the topic a little - BUT

im just interested in your car! it says a 94 model, but you were talking about boost.. have you turbo'd the NA version? got pics dude?

also noticed your post on mccr.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's for by brothers car a toyota corolla 1987 which has been turboed he's car is getting a bottom end rebuild.
i was going to turbo my V6 last year and came to a conclusion for $10000 to my engine, i will still lose to wrx's, silvia's etc

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Now that we have hi-jacked the thread...

$10000!!! Holy snapping dog ****... I was going to turbo my old TN Magna, got quoted for $8000 (included everything, from the engine (Fully worked), to the turbo (GT28), IC, to the Haltech, tuning, clutch, flywheel.... except installing the engine) and they guaranteed a minimum 300hp ATW....

Now that better not lose to a silvia... spend that much on a V6 that granted has a smaller displacement than the Magna's finished 2.7L engine... but you would still give it a bit of a hiding. I was 'this' close to doing it aswell, had the money all lined up, and the only thing that stopped me was that the company took too long to get back to me with a date on completion so I bought the MX6 instead.

I would like to see the face of a S15 driver as my low 13sec 1988 ****box gives them a hiding. I still love my magna.

Tripharn

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a TN magna to, if I hadn't absolutly trashed it to death i'd still have it. Lots of fun in the courners althogh a bit more grunt wouldn't of gone astray. The oppersite of the MX-6.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
supposedly those blastard astron II engines respond well to turbocharging. i know these engines were in sigmas, and there were sigma turbos, but i donno if they still ran the Astron II..

my old lady used to have a magna, i learnt how to drive in it.. i still shudder everytime i think of that P.O.S... when it rained, water seeped in through the top of the windscreen and onto the passenger seat (which really stunk after a while).. passengers always sat in the back =P

anyway, i'll stop whoreing this thread now.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Getting back on track..

It's a Pennzoil Oil...simply called Run In Oil...

Any Penzoil stockist will have it...

Vary load, Vary load, Vary Load...and don't baby it like some people will tell you to do....your rings may not seal correctly.

Pete

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
adavidson said:
I had a TN magna to, if I hadn't absolutly trashed it to death i'd still have it. Lots of fun in the courners althogh a bit more grunt wouldn't of gone astray. The oppersite of the MX-6.
Yea, grunt was severely lacking, even though I had extractors and stuff, nothing compares to some FI power... The handling of my magna was brillliant... I had the suspension completely re-done with Monroe Sensatrak and Lovell lowering springs... corners where no prob.

supposedly those blastard astron II engines respond well to turbocharging. i know these engines were in sigmas, and there were sigma turbos, but i donno if they still ran the Astron II..
Yea, they respond really well. I was going to get it all done from here.

RPW Website

I'm pretty sure the Sigma's turbo's used the Astron I engine... north/south carby versions... had 4-wheel disc brakes that was cool for the early 80's. The later '85ish had a few Astron II's running unleaded. I was going to use the Astron II ECI Multi engine with a GT28... I still might do it, if I win lotto. Had hypertuetic pistons, bored out a little, lowered compression... the list was massive.

Tripharn

·
Registered
39 Posts
2.6 Mitsubishi engines certainly do respond well to turbocharging....

There is a guy in our local drag club with a turbo 2.6 magna motor that runs 7.70's. Absolute rocketship, it is awesome

·
Registered
793 Posts
a mate has just put a astron 2.6 in his L300 express, it has origional low ratio diff & gbox
it goes hard as recons he beat a vr commo

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Drive at varrying speeds do not strain the engine.

Do not exceed 100km/h for the first 1000km then once you have reached 1000km/h re torque the head bolts and adjust the tappets if it has any :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts