Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering how i would have to run two amps would i need an equalizer or anything special or can i split the chords for the first amp and wire them again to the other? or is that a dumb idea?

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
^ not if your using two of the same amps. two DIFFERENT AMPS yeah.. different model years can make a big difference too. No eq's needed or whatever.. just a splitter for the RCA's if your CD player doesn't have dual pre-outs for the subs. The biggest thing to remember is to make sure the amps have they're settings set identically. Whereas the gain is the same.. as is any Amp EQ settings. Otherwise you'll lose LOTS of SQ and LOTS of SPL.

I'm doing the same thing your proposing.. but with two Earthquake D2 amps. Works great.. lots of people do that.

When everything is finally all wired up.. take a multi-meter and set it to the "DC volts" setting.. then measure the output of the amps to make sure they're operating linearily.

Come to think of it. Make sure the power cable choice.. and length... as well as speaker wire is the same otherwise you'll still end up with differing power outputs.

·
Registered
790 Posts
it depends on what your running them to....do you want to run them to the same speaker? one for each sub? or one for the subs and one for the regular speakers?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright thanks for helping and yeah i was gonna run each amp to a different sub...untill i can afford to get a bigger amp than have just one

·
Registered
677 Posts
My 2 cents.

Your best bet would to run from the battery into 2 Distrubution Boxes. Personally, I have a Highs & Mids amp and a Lows amp. 1 Dis. box will be for your negative and the other will be for your positive. Mine are running 4AWG from battery to dis. boxes, then 8AWG to amps. Down't forget, when grounding your highs and mids amp, to split the ground somewhere on the car, don't run it directly to the amp. If you did that, you would have the mercilaus sound of your engine reving through your speakers ( the sound comes from the ignition ). I'll draw you up way as well.. PM me with your e-mail address so I can send yu the diagram files I have

1 - 6 of 6 Posts