Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
the only brake claipers that were found to work that i've seen were protege brake claipers. As for rotors, im not to sure. to go off topic, i think its best if you change all 4 and not just the front. im currently changing my whole brake system as well

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i replace my rear claipers this fall becuse my e brake was sticking, but i put stock claipers and pads on. want some real stopping power up front, but iam not going to worry to much about it doing a KLZE swap and it really adding up. so i got to concetrate on that. thanks for the info and much Karma to you on the brakes

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
my car has a klze standard! and the brakes are fine!
unless u get FI don't think u would need anything special
but ifu do u can get big brake kit for around 1200$ US
search for them i forgot the name of the comapny

Reactions: Mazdaman92

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
oh ok
r they bigger or better than the ours??

as i always say

if there's a will there's a way ( here its more like if there's money it will happen hehe)

·
Banned
2,154 Posts
search it on PT, there have been a few threads about it. I dont think they will work without alot of modification, but there was one guy out there who did do it.

Heather

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
if you want a better brake system the protege 5 rear calipers is actually an upgrade for our cars there is a thread about this. they are actually a direct bolt on i have them on my car. the RX7 brakes like stated won't fit without a lot of modification and if you do this succesfully you won't be able to use the stock mx6 wheels. If you really want an upgrade, it's been noted but never tried, the mazdaspeed protege brake system might fit on our cars but like i said hasn't been tried yet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts