Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I don't know if you have seen my other thread about my front end suspension but it is pretty fucked up. I had decided to fix the six but have still been browsing used cars for a potential new project when I came across this RX7.

1993 Mazda RX7 Twin Turbo, 5 speed manual, 86,000 Miles. Rebuilt Engine with less than 1k miles, Full non-seq conversion, 3" downpipe, 3" midpipe, Greddy 3"catback, Greddy Profec B spec II, Greddy Turbo Timer, Greddy Alternator and Water Pump Pullies,Pettit Cold air intake, Aftermarket Head Unit,R1 Front Lip, R1 Rear Spoiler, Supra Fuel Pump

No rips or tears in the leather the paint is in good condition.
If I come pick it up (about a 4 hour trip) 9000$.

Anyone else think this is a good deal?

Here is the pictures.

More pictures to come.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
wow...that car looks awesome.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Not a bad deal, considering the condition
:shrug:

·
Registered
790 Posts
hope u got deep pockets to keep it running...

·
Registered
717 Posts
I would take it. FD's are so timeless.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I'd look for a stock one first. If he just rebuilt it and he,s trying to sell it he may be pushing off a problem car on you.

That's not bad if you dont need a DD right away and you know what the problems are. The issues with these cars are simple so you could have a good deal if you know what they are.

If not I see cars like that in the states go for $14K easy and theres one localy asking $16. 9K looks like a good deal as long as you know from the start what your buying.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd definantly test drive/give it a good inspection first. I've been talking with the guy and he seems to be honest the problems it has right now is a spot where the AC/headlight wires are touching bare metal causing a short, He is supposed to be taking it to the local rx7 shop to have them fix it today since he cant get to the spot. Also the antenna no long retracts when the car is turned off, so im guessing the motor on it went out.

So nothing major unless the shop he is taking it to finds something.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
If I ever did buy an FD, I'd strongly consider an Chevy LS series swap for it.
Its a big initial investment, yes, but at least you end up with a bullet proof engine thats extremely receptive to mods, and can take a beating like Richard Simmons in a Jailhouse shower.

I can surmise it'll be cheaper in the long run too, as previously mentioned, yes keeping these Rotary engines living a long reliable life connotates a fair bit of coin in consistent repairs and maintenence.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I would want just the body. The reliable fix is quite easy and much cheaper lol.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Where do people get the idea that rotaries are expensive to maintain?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Where do people get the idea that rotaries are expensive to maintain?
Perhaps the cost in maintenance is more because of what a shop charges to do the repairs, coupled with the fact that parts may be more expensive in general.

·
Registered
75 Posts
lets put it this way, if you build a motor right the first time, and have a good tune on it, and keep the operating temperatures down it will last just as long as any other motor and you could be running a a rediculous amount of boost with an aftermarket turbo, but it's all in how you take care of it and what parts you're running. in my opinoin they're actually cheaper to make faster because all you have to do is port the motor and throw on a bigger turbo and tune it.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
If you do the same thing you just described above to an LS1/LS6 you will get better results.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts