Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is more or a question for "probe this". ya so i read about the this on the performance faq page and i was woundering how i could get info on the rx7 hybrid, like how can i get a hold or charles. also i was wondering if the t3/t4 is a bolt on or what?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
my t3-t4 hybrid was a bolt on, mainly cause it used the stock ihi exhaust housing. i had to have IC pipes made though, 2 1/2 inch, and i still have a reducer coming off the comp housing, i luv my turbo

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
No, a garrett turbo is not a bolt-on unless it uses a stock IHI exhaust housing, which basically defeats the purpose. I am running a T3 from a saab and it took a fair amount of fab work to fit. search for "my t3 conversion" int he FI forum

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
The reason I say it defeats the purpose is 1, it costs a lot of money and 2, you can't increase the size very much before going through the housing. It also still has a 1.75" inlet, manifold, and very restrictive exhaust housing. The inlet of a T3, on the other hand, is almost a 2.5" rectangle, the turbine is much larger and the size and flow possibilities are endless. I'm guessing you have a hybrid IHI and probably garrett t3 or T4 parts right? That's why its so much different than stock. garrett turbos are some of the best.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
yes, its a hybrid, stock exhaust side, honed out o fit a t3 exhaust wheel, t4 bearing housing, comp wheel, and comp housing, pretty crazy set up. and to me made a world of difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts