Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about them?

I know they look awesome and it is a rotary but I just want to hear opinions.

My girl wants to get one soon. It was either the rx8 or a new tiburon so I told her she had to get the mazda. We test drove one today, first time drving a six speed and only like the 3rd time driving a stick. I didnt embarras myself! The guy actually told me that most of the people who test drove it couldnt drive it right and said he had a good time laughing at them. The gear box was kind of wierd but it was the smoothest driving stickshift I have ever driven. They are only like 12,500 now for some of the older models so I think we have decided thats what we are getting.

So what do you guys think about em?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
do you know how much room there is in the rear? Matt can sit there and be very comfortable and hes 6' 2". And its not technically a 4 door, nor but a 2 door, very accessable to the rear.

feen

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
i drove one and kinda liked it. it was unique, that's for sure. they get pretty terrible gas mileage though.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah not that good but we dont commute alot so its not too bad.

She is deff. getting one sometime soon prolly early next year.

I want to test drive a speed3. I think that will be my be all end all favorite mazda. It is just too cool. I just wish there was more aftermarket support for it.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I heard the rotary engine isn't meant to be driven on short drives, like to the supermarket, bank, etc. Also, if not warmed up properly it can be damaged. Can anyone explain why this is?

·
Registered
737 Posts
think that's a smart move with two kids?

Might want to look into a MPS3, at least they have four doors.
call me stupid but why is the abbreviation for a Mazdaspeed3 MPS3? doesn't make sense. i know the Mazdaspeed Protege was MSP and that usually a P is associated with the protege, but MPS doesn't make any sense considering the model is a 3 and not a protege...so where does the P come from???

sorry for the highjack but this is really annoying me..

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
MPS = Mazda Performance Series. Abroad, it's called MPS, here in the states, Mazdaspeed :lol:

·
Registered
737 Posts
so its ms3 here...so call it that, cause your not from abroad :p

feen
depends on which one you got actually. they're not all mazdaspeeds. Christ, i hate it when car makers have to make 50 different models of the same thing only to change something like a trim piece. it's one thing if it's an engine modification but seriously..well i'm getting off to a rant that really has nothing to do with the mazda3.

i'll shut up now.

·
Banned
2,866 Posts
MPS Axela anywhere outside teh US of A. MS3 in the American soil (and canadien eh).

Feen, an RX8 is no family car, and there is no way two kids are fitting comfortably in the back of it, much less one in a child seat. Not to mention it is stupid insecure to have one. That being said, they are pretty roomy for a 2+2. BTW the new '09 model is actually smaller on the inside. Just test drove one today (one of the perks of being good friends with the Orlando Mazda GM and the RX8 club manager in central Fl:)).

Noyze, is not that they need to warm up before you can drive tem, is that you need to warm them up good before high reving them. It has to do with something in the Apex seals, but Im not really sure why either. I just know this because a few people with rotaries inthe area always mention the same thing when talking about common problems with rotaries.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts