Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres one for ya...

How do you know if your master and or slave cylinders need to be replaced compared to whether or not it is actually the clutch that needs replacement.... It seems that my shifting is notchy to begin with, and when I shift hard into 3rd gear (only 3rd gear) I get a grinding crunch!!

Could it be syncros?? I dunno any thoughts on this??

Thanks

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
miles?! :)

Umm, well I got about 140,000kms on there works out to about 86991.94 (according to some online calculator)

And I dont think that the trani fluid has been changed before.. however I did get my mech to check it and he said not to worry about it because it still looked clean and untainted...

whaddya think?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Rufnek69 said:
Heres one for ya...

How do you know if your master and or slave cylinders need to be replaced compared to whether or not it is actually the clutch that needs replacement.... It seems that my shifting is notchy to begin with, and when I shift hard into 3rd gear (only 3rd gear) I get a grinding crunch!!

Could it be syncros?? I dunno any thoughts on this??

Thanks
It could be one of a few things. The easiest thing to try first I think would be to bleed the hydraulics for the clutch. Air in the lines would cause the clutch not to release fully and could cause what your experiencing. I'd also consider having the fluid in the transaxle changed as well.

In general, bad cylinders will:
- leak externally, causing visible fluid marks
- leak internally and not be able to hold pressure (i.e. you put your foot on the clutch and after a minute or two, the clutch has re-engaged a bit...)

If bleeding the system does not fix the problem, you may have transmission troubles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts