Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a S/c benefit from the same amount of rotation if it was using a belt running through it on the powersteering, or do all s/c have to be running through the alternator for best results? just trying to see what exaclty would be best so i know what to start looking at..

·
Registered
637 Posts
The thing to take into consideration is the size of the crank pulley, since that is what is actually turning the s/c pulley. If I remember correctly the portion of the crank pulley running the power steering pump is smaller so you would get slower rotation on your s/c and less boost. You want a larger crank pulley and smaller s/c pulley, well this all depends on your s/c as well.

Reactions: Car-InsanE

·
Registered
637 Posts
If your using the same supercharger as I am then you should(I have only done the formula to get a ballpark amount) see 3psi, when i worked the formula it was just shy of 4. That is running a none shafted setup. If you run shafted it is a little different.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine isn't a m62. but i will still run in on the alternator

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm using an SC14 like in the thread titled "look what came in the mail just now"

edit: I see an M90 in your sig, so you would push more than me with a similar set up. I'm guessing you won't be using a 4" pulley though.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not sure what pulley i want on it.. i just want 280whp. nothing more really.. any suggestions on a pulley for it? or just the stock one on it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts