·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Nice kill man, actually raced something worth racing

·
Registered
848 Posts
Impressive:tup:

What do you trap at in the 1/4? Because all S2000's have a very strong top end.

BTW the 2004 S2000 is a 2.2L with a 8300RPM redline. HP remains the same (240) but tourqe went up to somewhere in the 150's. You can recognize them by their 17's that look like NSX wheel's, and slightly different headlight's and some other minor stuff.

Juggalo

·
Registered
848 Posts
SixSick6 said:
I'm thinking somewhere in the mid 14's like SD6, only differences in our cars is the year, Zombie Chip, my car is full of trash, and I run 14 psi instead of 12
I meant what MPH do you trap at in the 1/4 mile? I knew your car is at least in the mid to high 14's.

S2000's (when driven right) will beat a lot of cars on the highway. Of the line they suck (like most Honda's)

Juggalo

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
You're not quite as fast as me ;)

I trapped at 95, I think you're somewhere around that area.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Les Claypool is a god...Primus is great...good kill!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Les Claypool :tup:

I had the pleasure of driving an 00 s2k and an 02 s2k, i took the 00 out to the local street racing scene and beat a new modified Mustang GT.

They're real quick......they rev happily to 9,000 rpms, and it was faster than a high 14 second car.

Good kill :tup: You must have a very strong top end!

G

·
MX-6 JON said:
Les Claypool :tup:

I had the pleasure of driving an 00 s2k and an 02 s2k, i took the 00 out to the local street racing scene and beat a new modified Mustang GT.

They're real quick......they rev happily to 9,000 rpms, and it was faster than a high 14 second car.

Good kill :tup: You must have a very strong top end!
Nice kill, but a stock S2000 shouldn't be able to touch a 99+ stang Gt... but if it's a 94-98... i think my stock 89 Turbo Probe could fist one of those.

·
Registered
417 Posts
5PointOHNO said:
Nice kill, but a stock S2000 shouldn't be able to touch a 99+ stang Gt... but if it's a 94-98... i think my stock 89 Turbo Probe could fist one of those.
Well I raced him 3 times that nite, and beat him each time.

The guy with the mustang only had a couple bolt-ons. He knew how to drive. The s2k was just a faster car.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
the 00 s2k runs a 13.8 et. sooo....that seems to be faster than a stock stang GT :shrug:

i had a guy in a GT next to me in the s2k at a light, in town, where i did not have any thoughts of racing. obviously he thought i did :rolleyes: the topend on the s2k would murder a GT.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
mxmissle9 said:
agreed. i have no trouble with mustangs on the interstate. i've raced a lot of cars from 60+ rolls, and the s2000 was one of the only things that beat me. granted i pick my battles, but still.
what ive learned with my s2k, is that it is a must to pick the right gear on the e-way to get a great pull from the start. after you know that, the s2k will beat almost anything from a roll in high rpm range.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
well if I ever race a new s2k I will let you guys know how it turns out...

and if the guy didn't beat you in a lightly modded 99+ MGT he did not know how to drive.

My car is worth a 13.7 or so with just an x-pipe, catback, and intake. Slap on some LT's and a Tri-ax and the s2k could not keep up from a dig!!! Simnple truth.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts