Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy who I work with who drives an S320 says that he could easily beat my MX-6, because, (exact words) "Just think about it. It's Mercedes vs. Mazda." I know my 6 would kill a full size with a NA 3.2 and a slushbox, but I was thinking about rubbing it in by racing him in my Tribute. What do you guys think? Good idea?

stats-->Tribute - 3.0 200hp 200lb-ft 3455lbs AWD 4spd auto
S320 - ?

·
Registered
886 Posts
"Only a Mazda" huh ? Yeah, he sounds like a typical Merc driver. Like all Mercs, the S320 is lazy off the line, has a stiff and long travel throttle pedal, and lazy transmission. You should kill him easily with your GT if you launch properly. Not sure about the Tribute.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
92 gt said:
This guy who I work with who drives an S320 says that he could easily beat my MX-6, because, (exact words) "Just think about it. It's Mercedes vs. Mazda." I know my 6 would kill a full size with a NA 3.2 and a slushbox, but I was thinking about rubbing it in by racing him in my Tribute. What do you guys think? Good idea?

stats-->Tribute - 3.0 200hp 200lb-ft 3455lbs AWD 4spd auto
S320 - ?
Well, if it's the S320 I'm thinking of, it's a massive boat. Go check out (and better yet, get the guy you work with to read):

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Cara...April/199804_comparisontest_higha.xml?&page=1

The car placed 5th out of 5 cars, with one of the complaints being that there just wasn't enough motor in it for the mass: 4400-lbs with a 6-cyl motor. "The 3.2-liter engine produced the slowest test figures, lagging the pack by at least 1.3 seconds and 6 mph in the quarter-mile". So even if the Lexus LS400 was capable of 6.6-sec 0-60 times (it was the fastest car though they don't say what it's 0-60 time was, it beat the quoted 6.8-sec BMW time, so I'll guess 6.6 or so), that's 7.9-sec 0-60 for the S320, at least a half-second behind a 5-speed V6 MX6.

The Tribute is a slug: 8.7-sec, [email protected] I'm thinking even the Moby Benz would beat the Tribute.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Tear him a new hole!! ;)

I wish there were dumb a$$es like that around for me to teach a few lessons. All the people I work with are older--although one just bought a new Vette--I doubt he'd ever race anyone though.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Yeah I'd say you'll have little trouble. Crank up the boost a bit just to rub it in even more! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts