Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1336 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
yeah that's it... they are metallic blue, it's not like there is a shortage of them... lol...

·
Registered
313 Posts
update on the 6......

the head is off, waiting to be repaired or replaced, cleaned out the plenum and throttle body, ahhh thats about it.

so much for my week project. Head should be going in saturday.
guesstamentation on completition?

·
Registered
39 Posts
yeh PSI626 im looking for something to power a 1000W 12" Pioneer Subwoofer, so yeah im looking to spend around 100-150 thereabouts for either a 2 channel or 4 channel, not fussed on brands but nothing too crappy.
hope this helps
cheers

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
selva ive got a vgc xp 480 and ive got $69 on it :)
red and wobbly ill get back to you later.

·
Registered
313 Posts
yeh PSI626 im looking for something to power a 1000W 12" Pioneer Subwoofer, so yeah im looking to spend around 100-150 thereabouts for either a 2 channel or 4 channel, not fussed on brands but nothing too crappy.
hope this helps
cheers
why do ppl listen to max watts? (no offense)
the pioneer series of sub (except the top end $1500 each subs) have an average RMS (recommended) watts of approx 300 - 500w so the XP-480 phillips will be PERFECT! trust me on that, i had mine running a 1200mw (700rms) P5 Sony xplod and i floored some wanker who had 2x Kicker 15's (those square ones) so... yeah, moral of the story, only pay attention to the RMS Watts, and also, watts mean SHIT, my 12" Kenwood 100w RMS sub destroyed my sony :p...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Selva the Philips is a 480max watts plus its a 4ch so thats 120watts max per channel working out at about 50watts rms per channel.

·
Registered
313 Posts
yeah but it's designed so that if you bridge 2 ports all power is directed to that...

·
Registered
39 Posts
yeah i bought my sub today so just need a wiring kit and amp now so let me know about that philips one it sounds good for what i need

·
Registered
313 Posts
well if you need a hand installing everything give us a hoy... done it heaps of times so the offer is out if ya want some help.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well ok... I've decided that i migh upgrade the TX5 already, Im thinking Either a KF Laser TX3 Turbo or an AT/V Turbo, now it's pointless asking ppl here what i should get, coz i know the answer would be "Go the Telstar"... i mean, i do like the AS but like everyone says, the AT is simply better... but i also wouldn't mind a Gen 1 MX6 (sorry but i think the gen 2 is a tad... well... ugly *awaits slapage*) so yeah, stuff it, I'll ask anyway; Gen 1 MX, AT Turbo or KF TX3 Turbo? they all cost around the same $5k ish, so, well im saving, then im selling, then im spending... the thing that has made me realise this is the fact that an intercooler would hard to put on the AS and i cant run a FMIC (no problem with that :p) but I do need an IC...

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Selva ive know nothing else but having a incab unit, i love it because you can fiddle with it depending on your driving mood, the weather or the hight you are above sea level. a long hose will not make a differance to a short hose, its not like its having to wait tobuild pressure up in to little hose before it starts charging the turbo.
also im not sure if ive got one of them amps but i remmber i had a matalic blue Philips amp today so ill have a look tomorrow for you :p
Ive got a turbosmart boost controller next to my battery, permanently set on 11-12PSI. It does hit the cut sometimes but being auto its easy to get around.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Wobbly & Red ive got two amps aside if you want them, both are BOSS 4chs.

BOSS 1200watt 4ch -$99
BOSS 800watt 4ch- $89

They both look alright, but the 800w looks better

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Well I got another head for my 626 today, so hopefully it can be back together by the end of the weekend :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Wobbly thats fine ill put it aside, ill be on all day next next friday. should be able to do it for $80 for you and some warranty:)

So how long till all the car is back on the road Dion?

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Well it needs the top 1/2 of the inlet plenum put on with injectors and such. Ive got to swap the housing by the distributer for one of the temp sensors to fit (The donor car was Non-Turbo - its the same head) but it has different sensors obviously. Needs Valve cover put back on, I want to paint the valve cover same as the TX5 I sold you except RED - Just to freshen up. Needs an oil catch can, EGR cleaned out. A bit of work but the end is near :)

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
I went in there once not know who he was lol, I asked at the front counter :D

81 - 100 of 1336 Posts