Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1321 - 1336 of 1336 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Happy new year all, wishing everyone a safe and prosperous 2010!

tx5turbo out for 2009.

-Dion

·
Registered
545 Posts
this thread makes me sad to see it die so easy! one day we wheer all here next we are not.

some new SA owners need to get in here quicksnap!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,324
Yeah very sad :(

I'm writing this knowing it could be months before someone actually reads it... :(

Reunion cruise would be good!!!

Let me know and I will check back in a few years to see what we are doing about it lol

Least we stay in contact on facebook :)

PSI626 always.... :jump:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Guys, I've been hearing a lot about defects lately. Like the cops are cracking down on it hard. So i was wondering if anyone has like a list or something of what defect-able and whats not?

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forums.

Turbo timers, boost controllers, blow off valves, too low, too loud, frayed seatbelts, non-ADR approved steering wheel, blue parkers, HID headlight globes, bent numberplates, tinted tail lights, rims bigger than 17", wheels sticking out beyond guards, guages on the A pillar or top of dashboard, oil leaks, bald tyres etc etc.

What sort of car do you have?

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
I currently have a Mazda MX6 2nd gen 1995 model.

by any chance does Redline in your sig mean the Redline sport cars place?
Ahh nice!

No it wasn't reffering to that, but funilly enough that is where my car came from back in 2002.

Any mods done to the MX?

I was recently looking at buying another GD TX5/626 Turbo (couldn't help myself :rolleyes:) but they are getting pretty long in the tooth now and I havent been able to find one which hasnt been to hell and back. I looked at a couple of GE's as well, but unfortunately they are much in the same boat - I should have kept my first TX5 Turbo because it was better than all of the ones Ive looked at since haha.

Feel free to post up some pics of your ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First time owner of an mx6 here and boy did I get a 'project'
I got a 1989 mx6 gt turbo 4ws

Suspension has been done by an ape and needs replacing
Investigated nasty sounds coming from the engine, so far I think is only lifters (fingers crossed)
The drivers door doesn't open from the outside
The climate control appears fine (all switches work, AC compressor raises idle, lights etc work) only problem is. Not a single fan speed works -_-
Minor oil leak from head gasket.
Ricer spec exhaust with mandatory Elizabeth-spec 3inch hole under dump pipe

It needs some love. I know this is an old thread but is there anybody in adelaide that has done work on their engines? I've never worked on a car this new (old ride was a ke70) first thing I need to do is to source (preferably locally) and install new lifters. Can anyone help me out with that?

Also I found some old rims on a gen 2 (96 I think) mx6, will they fit on mine?

Thanks guys. I hope we can get this thread started again and maybe do a cruise sometime, preferably when it's fixed hahaha

·
Registered
2 Posts
another newbie, well convert maybe.
Just scored myself a 1990 gd mx6. in fair condition and found this forum. doesn't look very well used of late.
anyways, I have been modifying cars since I was 12 (28 yrs ago), so anyone got any questions they need answered, ask away.

1321 - 1336 of 1336 Posts