Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok

Might as well get this over with now :(.

It has been our pleasure to own a MX6, which is without doubt the best car to date that we have ever had the pleasure of owning.

We have owned this car for the past 2 1/2 years and a little bit :), and in that time this car has only on 1 occassion not started (and that was just a loose wire on the fuel pump connection which was sorted the next day and will never happen again as it is now hardwired), other than that this car has done EVERYTHING we have asked of it.

But like all things people move on,and it was a decision we hated but we decided to let the 6 go and have now bought a lexus soarer, ( and to think what i said a while ago :( ), but the decision is not mine alone to make,as a lot off my friends who know us personally on here, know that this car is really Chris's my brothers and he thought we could change the car for something a little faster and bigger ( i know he's a nut ;) ),so the soarer it is.

I would like to say thanks to all the nice people i have made friends with on this side of the mx6 board, and all the great help i have recieved from them, and praise on how our car turned out.

I can only hope that what i have read and heard about the soarer that if it turns out to be 1/2 as good as the 6 was then we will be more than happy with the buy .

For any new members who have joined the board recently and are reading this, let me say, that you will be hard pressed to find a nicer and more helpful buch off people on the net.

And will be VERY hard pressed to find a car that will give you more fun and pleasure to drive than a 6 or 626 or xedos <- for me m8 Roland :).

Now this don't mean i will be disappearing form this board altogether :), but i will be more likely to be sitting in the background much like our former leader :) Dave (mx6-uk).

And maybe when you's have your meets i might just try and sneak onto the back off the stand sorta bring up the rear so to speak }) .

Once again thanks to everyone.

Andy

PS

And yes the 6 you might ask :) well i am trying to arrange for her to be going to a very good home next week, and will let you's know more about that later in the week, ( and no you won't be getting a new member when the car goes ),as we just couldn't let this car go on the market or ebay and be bought by some spotty faced kid who has just passed there test and want something to thrash round his local streets.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Andy

I am one of those new members and I agree that the ppl on this site is very helpful, but I am sad to hear that you actually sold the 6 for a toyota. the 6's are nice cars and I hope you enjoy the supra - if I am not wrong the soarer is 8 cyl correct?

enjoy the toyota m8:)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Andy,

Perhaps I missed a previous hint that this was coming.. perhaps not.. all the same I'm sorry to see you go mate.. even though Ive never met you, you've always been a great help, and always a good source of a laugh (especailly when taking the mik out of our Ken! ):E

Sorry to see you go mate, and I do hope that you tag along to a meet or two in the future..

Byeeeeeee.

Rich

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Andy, what can I say? Was it something I said mate? :cry:

Don't worry, you'll always be more than welcome to stick yer nose in here and come to the meets (and no doubt you will, just to take a quick dig now and then... :) )

Nice choice of car Chris. I've always liked the look of them, and there's not too many around. With a lot of hard work you'll make it as individual as 'Black Bess' is.

Hope we'll see you at JapFest next year? If you can't get tickets or need anything, just let me know.

Well guys, looks like we'll be having a 2 x MX6 family on the boards soon with a bit of luck. Yes, I do know who - no, I'm not saying. }) }) })

Good luck to all of you.

Ken

·
Registered
941 Posts
:( :( :(
Well then you old MAN and Chris, am I shedding tears ? mmmmmmmmm :cry: :cry: Yes by the bucket load, as one of, shall we say , the stalwarts of the board it is a sad day indeed but don't lurk join in you know you want to and will always be welcome here , just remember your M8s

Now then a Tojo Lexus what !! 8D Does it have a disabled badge as stock, has it the kudos of the 6 ? no doubt you will post a pic.

Well personally thanks for all the help over the time I've known you and I am sure we will meet again in some distant far corner of this isle and if I am ever that far north to see the arctic circle I will pop in for a wee dram or two :drinkup: :drinkup:

Take care
Roland :wave:

Ps Catch u on aim soon
Pps you wait till the Trax film hits the streets just in time for chrimbo }) })

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
"Sniff" - Anybody want to adopt a "wee Scottish waif"??????????????

What am I going to do without my "faither"?????

Is this going to leave me as the only "regular" Scottish member now????

Graeme

P.S.

Thanks for a good day at Crail Andy - enjoyed it, and even got a couple of photos of my beast to go on the map, if anyone wants to host them, that is.............Mop, you wouldn't want to lose the "top side" of your map now, would you...................

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
S'alright Graeme, we'll not forget you're there mate. :)

I expect you'll take over from Andy as my Nemesis, just to make sure? :D

Ken

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Achhhhh - all you folks from south of the Rio Tweed are all the same...................

Thanks daddy (sorry, Ken) - I appreciate the comments, looks like I am going to have to get my passport renewed in order to meet other "civilised" people!!!

Not seen Kimbelle or Kef on here for a while...........

Please don't make the next meet almost as close to France as it is to "us Jocks"!!!!

Graeme

P.S

Do I have to be "contriversial" as well? Just to keep "our end up"???

@-

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
I will do my best then..............I hope that Yoda (striking resemblance, don't you think) has taught me well - "The power of the 6 be with me"...................

Graeme

·
Registered
256 Posts
it's like everyone is selling mx6s at the moment!!!

I hope you find a good home for your 6, ask if they have any friends down here who want to buy mine.:(

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Sorry to see you go Andy, it was nice meeting you at trax, iam sure your stay around and be as useful as ever with advise!Come to the meet ups as it would be ashame to lose contact!

Happy driving

Stu
ps Andy you gota stay jus to keep the sig at the bottom of your posts eh? :) :D

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well

What can we say :), except thank you all for the nice words :),
1st mop cheers m8 and i couldn't leave the board and spoil your source off amusement (ie Ken }) ), oh and you where right about the hint :).

2nd Ken, yes we will be coming down to japfest next year m8 and thanks for the kind off m8.

3rd Roland, what can i say roland you been 1 off the nicest guys we have met on the net, even manage to have a swally with you :), and your welcome anytime you are up here.

4th Storm, what you on about you drunk }) , i'll still be here, waiting on all them PM's you send me :), and the mail, so need to look for another adoption :).

5th Stuart, well what can i say was nice meeting you as well m8,and loved all that stuff between you and G about the autobox :), Ahem which i will shortly have :eek: :eek: .

6th telstar our distant friend from SA, yes was and is hard to let a car go that you know has served you well but like i say people move on, and it's a straight 6 :) and not a supra it's a soarer, no wonder england beat you's at the rugby :D :D :D .

thanks again

Andy & Chris
PS
Now i need to learn to sneak in and outta here to keep ken and John on there toes :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Sorry,

Andy - just a little typo error - you won't kill me for it will you?

Just as I thought you ppl forgot about the Rugby you bring it up again, ahh it was just a spell of badluck

Dont worry the bokke will win England someday:D :D.::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
LOL Andy you have seen sense then, top man, i take back all the bad stuff i said about the scottish :):D I look forward to seeing the soarer roar mate!

Stu

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Andy.

A major loss to this community mate. You are both top guys.

Take care and look after your self mate.

As Always Drive Safely

Dave :(

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Well, a sad day it is then.. I have no doubt Andy will be lurkin' around.. As most have said.. don't forget your friends on here, and you are more than welcome at the future meets..

As for the Soarer.. seen em.. big, fast, imports.. and look preety mean when lowered... parts will be harder to find, and the fuel bill goes ever skywards.

Keep in touch M8..

p.s. Wahhhaeyyyy a bit 'o peace at last })

John

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:)

Thanks again Dave & John :), emm John whats all this silly stuff about peace and quiet }) }) .

Andy

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
We can all dream a little Andy.... it was nice while it lasted. :rolleyes:

John

·
Registered
757 Posts
Sorry to see you go Andy but I understand that the car would be a hard one to turn down.
Is it a 2.6 twin turbo then, er, cool :D , in fact doesn't it use the RB26 - whatever engine from the Skyline? Maybe that was some crap that may have been floated around somewhere on the forum. :)

Anyway it will be good to see you at Japfest, just get the car on the track with us so we can show you up as you will be fair game then :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts