Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 1990 MX6 LX. My front bump cover is sagging on the passenger's side where it raps around the corner under the headlight. The rear bumper is sagging on the driver's side from the fuel door to the corner.

Can anyone tell me what might have caused this, and how to correct it?

Thanks,

MX6nGa

·
Registered
78 Posts
Any previous damage in that area that you know of?... on both of those bumpers (just guessing on account of alot of other cars.)
threre should be a 10mm bolt holding the ends up (end up to the quarter and end up to the fender) those bolts can come loose or fall out after time.. also you might want to see if your bumpers jiggle or feel loose because the reneforecements can also come loose. failing that, take some pics and post them... might get a better idea then.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
go to Home Depot or someplace similar and buy some washers that will fit over the bolt and fit over the bracket, look at the brackets that hold the bumper, you'll see what I mean

Just get bigger washers that match over the washers it has now. Thats what i had to do with my new bumpers. You also might just have to tighten the screws that are there. My rear bumper kinda bends outward, might be because its a junker bumper and its had lots of sun damage?? Maybe its stuck like that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts