Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good tips for removing those nasty salt stains on the floor ??
Ive heard that CLR works good anyone else?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
use some hot ass water( you an ehat it up in the microwave), poor a some on the spot. use the foam from the autzone, foam works the best. spray it on the spot( dotn try to the entire carpet at once, do a small part at a time. then use the brush and rub it in one direction back and foward, after you do that for about 1 min ro so. take a clean towel and wipe the stuff up on the carpet, take about 5min to do this, making sure the towel is geting dirty with the stain. if it gets to dirrty get another towel. do this about 2 times or so or until the stain is gone. the water is used to bring the stain to the surface of the carpet.

i used to work at a great car detail shop( and i still detail cars today)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Call the Doctor

The rug doctor that is :) Rent one from your local grocery/hardware store for like 18 bucks, and make sure you get the upolstry attachment too. You can steam clean your whole interior while your at it, and you'll be astonished by the filth you've been sitting in. :) Get those carpets in your house/apartment while your at it.
haha

Also - you don't need to get special "upolstry cleaner" or "anti-foam" -- the regular carpet cleaner should work fine -- just test in a small area for color-fastness first, but I've had no trouble with it.

Did I mention that you wouldn't believe the filth? :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree with driver242, it's the best $20 you'll spend on your car. I bought a '93 MX6 from a lady at work ( $2000! ) and I swear that she never cleaned it! It looked new after I'd finished, although it was kind of gross the crap that comes out of the seats.

driver242 is also right about the anti foam, its a waste of money. After the second tank full of water I forgot to add the anti foam and nothing "bad" happened so I didn't bother to add any more.

I bought the biggest bottle of the cleaner and had more than half left when I'd finished so one of the smaller bottles would work for you I guess.

Later,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another thought, Resolve carpet cleaner is recommended for spot cleaning by most of the auto detailers I've talked to...

Later

·
Registered
25 Posts
Resolve, etc

Anohther great spot cleaner is called Folex. It was one of those seen on TV things that's made it to the main stream. It really works great. Walmart or a hardware store should have it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts