Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again everyone and thank you for still being a part of the "North East MX6 Club".

Well, this month, being that everyone is waiting for well anticipated movie "The Fast and the Furious" to come out, I figured why not make that weekend EXTRA special and make it HUGE meet where everyone can come with their MX6's chill with a few of the members, talk cars, have fun and watch a movie.

The target meeting place for this meet will be Lowes Meadow theatres is Secaucus NJ. It's a stone throw's away fron the Turnpike and it's right off Rt3. There is a huge parking lot were we can meet and we can always take advantage of the stores and restaurants they have around the theatre for our recreational purposes.

Here's what I have in mind for Saturday June 23rd:

Mid-day:
-Meet in the parking lot and "reserve" our spots for the whole day.
-Check out everyone's cars, maybe do a couple of mini installs.
-Purchase tickets for The Fast and the Furious for a show playing later that night.

Night-time:
-Go to the movie and watch all of the Civic dudes cheer for the Hondas.
-If we're hungry, we can catch some grub at one of the many restaurants in the mall complex.
-After we eat, we can cruise the highway looking for "mini" racers or maybe head down to Newark for some "not so legal" street races.

That's all we have for now so please PLEASE, TRY to make it.

If you think you're a DEFINITE SHOW!!! then reply to this e-mail so that I have SOME idea of how many people we have coming.

This should be a day to remember...

·
Registered
193 Posts
dude, this sounds awesome but stupid me waited until this week to get my car fixed/painted. If the shop can't do it this week or their estimate is way high, I'll bring my scratched up 6 for the movie at least!
I saw the behind the scenes type program on Encore channel or something and they actually looked like they had some awesome footage and stunts, etc. Here's to hoping they didn't use all the best footage in the trailer!
hr

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am definitly going to come up for it. Even though I just have a stock MX6, I would still like to see what others have done.

·
Registered
114 Posts
hi,

I will also like to meet the other members. But do we have a set time to meet yet?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Awwww man....
Unfortunatley I wont be able to make it saturday. Got my graduation party...
But I still would like to get together with some peeps for the movie. So if anyone wants to get together either friday or sunday for a little mini pre/post meet give me a holla.
Come on peoples....

·
Registered
193 Posts
bummer. My car will not be ready until next week, but I'm getting a pretty good deal. $1000 to fix damaged bumper, all dings, scratchs on front bumper, all new paint (same color) on all except roof and pillars I believe for $1000. The place is in Queens if anyone wants their address let me know.
as an aside the reason they had to delay my job was because the owner's sister died of cancer and they're closing shop for the week. They even paged me to let me know and I said "geez, I just want my car painted, take all the time you need, my condolences..." etc.
Someone take some pix at the meet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yo this hole week is going to rain , is everyone going or not.. Because i like to know if there going to be alot out there of are peeps. If not people should email this post and say if there coming or not.Because of the rain.})

·
Registered
114 Posts
:(

if it rains on saturday, im out.....my 6 doesn't like rain....acts weird in raining days.....

maybe the 6 can reflect what the owner thinks? hehe...

if it doesn't rain on sunday, do we wanna move the meet to sunday instead? just a suggestion..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Rain or Shine

If enough people go, I will be there rain or shine. Besides I think the worse of the rain will be friday. I can't do it on Sunday because of a DMB Concert.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for the dealy on any updates.... work has been real busy these past few days.

As far as this weekend, as you all may know, it's going to rain. I've checked the weather channel every hour today and it keeps saying thunderstorms and rain on saturday but SUNDAY is supposed to be pretty nice. SO, unless everyone wants to have a meet in the RAIN, I will move this meet for SUNDAY, JUNE 24th. That way, we can enjoy the better weather and enjoy the day a little more.

So the time to meet on Sunday will be 1:00 PM. We will be meeting in the parking lot for the mall complex in Secaucus. The best thing to do will be for you guys to go to www.mapquest.com and look up directions from your location to:

100 Plaza Drive
Secaucus NJ 07094

That address is for an Amerisuit Hotel located in the corner of Paterson Plank Road. This Hotel is also in front of a Best Buy. I will be waiting in the parking lot IN FRONT of this hotel. My car will be there, you can't miss it.

That's it. One thing I ask of you is to send me an e-mail to [email protected] and let me know if you are coming so that I have SOME idea how many people are definitely showing up.

If you get lost or have any questions, call me on my cell 201.970.9825.

See you then!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well I am not going to be able to make it, like I said before I have tickets to Dave Mattews Band on Sunday. But make sure that pictures are taken and posted. (Especially of druelling Civic owners)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Alright y'all rest assured that KJ will be there.

I can make it sunday and will be there with the world famous allworld mx-6. Im still going friday night to see the Fast and the Furious on Friday night if anyone wants to get together then too...

G

·
Sorry I gotta work Sunday from 12-4PM. If you can push it back cool. Wehn I get off work I'll try and meet up with you guys. Jorge I'll call you.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ric, I'm flattered

It went pretty well. I guess the same amount of people showed up as the last meet back in march. The 6's were pretty impressive.

Unfortunatley I had to jet before the pictures were taken so there wont be any of austalia's favorite former moderator's baggy pants.

hopefully, Jorge took some pics and they'll probably be posted quite soon.

Ric, did the fast and the furious come out in austalia yet?
Time traveller?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Sounds like your '6s are really hooked up - at least the ones that attend the meets. It's real hard to get stuff for them here - need to be imported from the gold old....

Time Traveller - I have the dubious honor of being moderator of Autralia forum - I thought "moderator" was a bit wanky for a newbie with only a couple-hundred posts!

FAF arrives 20 September - I reckon we'll pull a similar meet... sounds like fun!

Copya!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts