Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i found something on ebay that claims to save gas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAVE...ewItemQQcategoryZ42604QQitemZ8018979772QQrdZ1

dont know if its been posted or talked about but i was wondering how swirls can be effective. Especially after reading this

ow does Velocity Tuner increase horsepower up to 16%?
The Velocity Tuner swirls the air in the intake tube much like a tornado. As a result, this
allows the air
to move faster and more effectively around corners and bends
. Think of it
this way: when you drain a
bathtub, a whirlpool is created because it’s the fastest way for
the water to go down the drain. The
concept is the same. The faster the air moves in
your intake tract, the more power your car, truck or
SUV will have - it’s that simple.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
They aren't. End of story.

If they were, auto manufacturers would be using them to boost their ratings.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not saying im gonna buy it, i like seeing crap on ebay n posting them. Like the turbo sound clip-on

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
haiyter said:
im not saying im gonna buy it, i like seeing crap on ebay n posting them. Like the turbo sound clip-on
I've got three of those on my car! You should see all the fly honeys I get. I rev my engine and they think I'm whistling at them. Then they come over and ask if I'm looking for a good time. I'm such a pimp!

metros

·
Registered
706 Posts
metros said:
I've got three of those on my car! You should see all the fly honeys I get. I rev my engine and they think I'm whistling at them. Then they come over and ask if I'm looking for a good time. I'm such a pimp!

metros
haha! i saw a toyota rusty-a$$ tercel with a huge wing during summer that had one of those. man i wish i had my camera! i dont know if it was a joke but sheeesh did i laugh my arse off!!! and thats not all.... the freakin kid wanted to race me. lol... this was a time that i had to not do anything... i wanted him to think that his was faster. vrooooommm.... pssssshhhhh. :lol:

but yeah sticking to the post............ the guys who installed my ze dynoed a 4.0L jeep cherokee b4 and after the tornado and actually lost almost 3 whp horsepower with that on. they said its ok for a couple extra miles on gas, but no more. they only say it improves horsepower so ppl will buy it... typical marketing scheme.

·
Registered
127 Posts
it only reason you would gain more gas mileage is because you'll get less air into your engine...

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
This thread should be burned as an offering to Ullr.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts