Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry it wouldnt let me post in any of the other sections for some reason?... basically ive got one of these ScanGaugeII - Trip Computers + Digital Gauges + Scan Tool and wondered if there was a connector that converts a OBDII port to the port that the mx6 has? out of intrest which port does the mx6 have?

this is for a 2nd gen mx6.

Thanks WIll

·
Registered
6 Posts
The unit will work on OBD-II vehicles only - OBD-I "protocols" are all manufacture specific, and weren't really any sort of standard protocol at all. This results in most of those tools being OBD-II only. Off the top of my head, I am not aware of any similar units which support OBD-I Mazdas

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
In North America, 96 and up mx6s have obd2, and I use the Scangauge II on my 97 without issue. I'm not sure what protocol you guys run in the UK.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my mums got a 97 but the scanguage wouldnt fit in the diagnosicts port under the hood? it has the same as my 92..

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
The obd2 diagnostic port isn't under the hood, it's in the drivers footwell near where your right knee would be if driving a left hand drive car, so maybe it's where your left knee would be in the UK...that's assuming you guys use obd2 at all. You should ask in the UK forum what protocol is used in the UK.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
To be honest, I don't even use it for hp #s...I didn't even know it could do that. I don't use it for checking gas mileage either, I just keep it on the gauges screen and monitor coolant temp, tps position, rpm, intake air temp, voltage. You can view 4 gauge readings at a time with the Scangauge II.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok - thanks will have a look.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The unit will work on OBD-II vehicles only - OBD-I "protocols" are all manufacture specific, and weren't really any sort of standard protocol at all. This results in most of those tools being OBD-II only. Off the top of my head, I am not aware of any similar units which support OBD-I Mazdas
Nothing affordable anyways, lol. My father has a computer that scans the codes, but it is a couple grand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts