Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
My girlfriend just got one of these today. Its pretty cool. She got the gray with a body kit the TRD exhaust ( gorgeous BTW ) and 18's. Which came stock with Pirelli's 225 40's. I think it looks a little too chunky. Sounds really good. I have yet to make up my mind..... I'm going to drive it hard as hell tommorrow while she's at an appointment!!!

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
I wouldn't do that if I were you... A brand new car hasn't been broken in yet, and you run the risk of messing up a brand new motor.

:lol: And Jon, did you just tell Sean to quit whoring? He was doing it too!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Rick said:
I wouldn't do that if I were you... A brand new car hasn't been broken in yet, and you run the risk of messing up a brand new motor.
LOL maybe his girlfriend is a bit less gorgeous than the car, and a bit more broken in, so he doesn't care. :)
-Garrett

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Add me to the list of tC owners...
I am lovin it...need to come up with a catch-phrase not already in use by a fast food chain.
How bout, 'Dip in to something tasty'..damn, that's taken too?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
HA :)

Did you start a tC forum yet?

...and which color did you end up getting? I hope you didn't go too crazy with the dealer-addons. :)

A

·
0 Posts
Scooby said:
Add me to the list of tC owners...
I am lovin it...need to come up with a catch-phrase not already in use by a fast food chain.
How bout, 'Dip in to something tasty'..damn, that's taken too?
I sold it to him! He got a Flint Mica manual. It is really nice. Scooby, I hope you like it, I cannot wait for the warranty to run out to see what you do to it.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
AARONTHEGREAT said:
I sold it to him! He got a Flint Mica manual. It is really nice. Scooby, I hope you like it, I cannot wait for the warranty to run out to see what you do to it.
Uhoh, car dealer in our midst.... :O

Just kidding. :) Welcome to mx6.com.
-Garrett

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Man you guys are really making me jelous. I can't get a loan for crap. Congrats though. I personaly would have choosen the silver manual with the side airbags.

J

·
0 Posts
I want a side airbags option on the outside....

So I can knock over those pesky bike riders who think they can ride off of the shoulder.

:D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Um that would be me since I ride my bike to work. Unless of course you mean motorcycles. At least they're airbags and won't hurt that bad.

J

·
0 Posts
I ride a lot too, but I stay in the shoulder where I belong...I'm talking about those guys who think they need to use the car turning lanes, and right partially in the streets.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Sorry I promised to post pics, but I have been having too much fun with the car to take any pics....

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
As am I. Just got 15% tint all around and am about to hunt down the best wax to use, wash, wax, and take some pics. Then, I will be parking the car in the garage through the hurricane :)

EDIT: This zymol stuff we got is rated high, i'll use that.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Funny, I was just about to do some reasearch to figure out what the best products would be for taking care of the car.

I havent had a nice car for almost a year now, so I am a bit out of touch.

What do you recommend?

Also, what is best for getting rid of bugs on the front bumper and grill?

Did they drill holes in your front bumper? They did mine... :(

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
They didn't drill holes, but they do have dimples there where to drill them. Does texas force you to have a front liscense plate? I'd imagine they'd only do that in states that require them... weird!

I am not going to wax it just yet because I was washing the car, and the water beaded down, telling me there is a dealer wax on there. Not a great wax, didn't bead all that well, but enough to give me a few weeks to buy a proper drying rag so I can wax WITHOUT WATER SPOTS EVERYWHERE! Man, even with a water softener... My fault for doing it when it's only partly cloudy I guess.

I am posting pics as we speak.. but it deserves it's own thread :)

41 - 58 of 58 Posts