Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was cruising to church yesterday morning when someone didn't quite get an intersection right.

A car was turning left in front of me & I was going straight through. Another one that was crossing the intersection didn't quite see me. I almost got around the back of it but got just in front of the rear wheel.

I haven't got the photo's available yet (on my pda not computer) but I know it will need:

• front bar
  • front bar support
  • drivers fog light
  • drivers head light
  • drivers indicator
  • washer bottle
  • bonnet
  • drivers guard
  • headlight bulb :) (yes it actually broke the bulb & mounting but not the headlight glass)
Theres probably more stuff broken but these a good starting point anyway :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
91turbo666 said:
is a new car on the cards at all?
Somewhat - I am currently looking at a second car & keep this as my wifes daily & a weekender.

I don't think it will quite be written off - based on the quote the guy is working on at the moment for me, it will probably be getting close but not quite. (Expecting 4k or so in parts plus labour). It's insured with shannons & i'm not at fault so it should be all good.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
As long as you're ok!

I hope it all goes well mate.

PS. do shannons charge anything for agreed value?

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
That's not too bad - the bit that will cost the money is the actual bumper bar's probably damaged (the bit under the poly cover) - as when my bumper was wrecked, my panel beater said the assembly cost about $1000 ... the rest will be pretty cheap (Providing you get second hand parts).

Use it as an excuse to get J-specs :D You should be able to request things like that as long as the request doesn't go over the cost of the OEM parts.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$5400 is the current quote - a little cheaper than I was expecting

For now the 6 is staying - it isn't costing too much - but if it went it would be replaced by a prado/grand vitara/etc type car. On road is good but time to get off them a bit.
(& no cromax - this will actually end up off road & rarely in the city:) )

That saying - my wife still wants a 300ZX and I have no issues with the liberties

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Hmm ... I think the same as Odin - I think you're getting taken for a ride with that quote.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
if you tell the crash repairs that you got insurance or the other parties insurance is paying, they always raise the prices and give you a more expensive quota, but if you tell em there is no insurance claim som,e do it cheaper...I have noticed that and actually found out for myself...

i've tried it a few times and few of my mate's had crash repairs and I know this guy also do show cars and europian cars and performance cars (crach repair) and he told me that himself as well......

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bumper Upper Reinforcement = 58
Bumper Main Reinforcement = 202
Bumper = 408
Bumper Bracket 1 = 109
Bumper Bracket 2 = 10
Bumper Bracket 3 = 11
Bumper Clips = 39
Fog Light Assembly = 480
Indicator Assembly = 180
Headlight Assembly = 1030
Headlight Covers = 38.85
Front Guard = 139
Misc Bonnet Items (Clips/seals/..) = 180
Washer Bottle = 188

Parts Price = near $3200

Then repaint bonnet, bumper, right guard, blend left guard & blend right door. Repair bonnet from dint & strip it all down & put it all back together, do an alignment results in them charging about $1600 in labour

Add GST for $5400

Key lesson - don't break the headlight/foglight setup - that is nearly $1800 of the cost inc GST

Looking at it that way it's not as bad as it seems but still nasty overall.

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
1000 for a damn headlight??? not cheap. Otherwise parts were similar to mine, my lhs guard was dented but they didn't replace it, was repaired. My crash had only about 1400 in parts. rest was labour

Thing is though if they can get headlight covers for 40$ i'd be up for a set, can find any here at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts