Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a continuation of the 'Ho-Ho-Ho' thread.

Please join SCPOC for a cruise from Temecula to Idyllwild and finishing in Perris on December 20. We will meet in the Ralph's lot next to the Mobil station on Highway 79 South in Temecula at 9:00AM. We will be filling our gas tanks and leave no later than 10:00AM for Idyllwild.

To reach the departure point, please take I-15S (from LA/OC/SB) or I-15N (from SD) and exit at SR-79S to Indio. Go east on SR-79S until you reach the Ralph's supermarket at Butterfield Stage Road and SR-79S. Here is the address to the market:

RALPHS
33145 Highway 79 South
Temecula, CA 92592

The route to Idyllwild will be east on SR-79 to SR-371, north on SR-371 to SR-74, west on SR-74 to SR-243 (the Idyllwild turnoff), north on SR-243 to I-10, west on I-10 to Beaumont Ave, then south on SR-79N to the Ramona Expressway west, west on Ramona Expressway to I-215S, south on I-215 to SR-74 (4th St./Redlands Ave.), then west on 4th St. to Wilkerson Ave. There we will have a late lunch/early dinner at Casa Jimenez, in the city of Perris.

CASA JIMENEZ
411 Wilkerson Ave.
Perris, CA 92570

We will park at Casa Jimenez and dine there. Parking should be sufficient for our group. After the group is finished, we will return back home on 4th St., heading west along SR-74. SR-74 will take us through Lake Elsinore and cross I-15. If you wish to depart from this point, head north or south depending on your location. If you wish to continue, we will be heading through Lake Elsinore, turning right at Collier Rd., then left at Riverside Dr.; Riverside turns into Grand Ave. and we will be turning left onto Ortega Highway, taking this highway to I-5, which is the ending point of the drive.

We will stop at the Denny’s restaurant and/or the Chevron gas station just before disbanding.

Costs for the drive will be gas, snacks, and food. Casa Jimenez is $6.99 for the All-You-Can-Eat with other dishes averaging close to the same price.

There may not be many stops on this cruise for restrooms breaks, as we are traveling through the mountain areas of Riverside County. If anyone feels the need to stop and rest, please inform the cruise leader.

SCPOC advises the use of handheld FRS walkie-talkies with privacy channels during our cruises. This helps keep things coordinated with the caravan and prevents anyone from getting lost.

Please download the attached itinerary, which includes a copy of this text with detailed maps covering large stretches of the drive. It is available in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.

Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello.

dmark101: I'm not really active with meets and stuff anymore but I will try to run up to the initial meeting point just to check it out. I'd like to stay for the cruise but I've got some stuff to take care of then jet back down to SD for work. So maybe I'll see ya'll in the morning...

·
Registered
130 Posts
THE MEET

Hi all

I will be there, if I don't catch up with you at the rendezvous point, I will meet you at the HWY 243 and 74 route, my wife went to urgent care for the flu thing that is spreading around. I might be delayed because I will need to watch my 2 boys till she gets back.

So either way I will catch up with you.

Later. Mike.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Recap

scpoc members,

i would like to thank everyone who showed up for this meet today. while i am extremely discouraged at the lack of participation regarding this event, in light of the positive responses previously received, i am grateful to those who took time out to show your support.

thank you: jorge, rami, peter, mike (3rd cherry), chavez, stacey, oscar (new guy), and MDRNIM6.

for those who could not attend, we had a very pleasant drive through the first leg, with some spirited driving to help educate some of the less experienced drivers who wanted to learn more. we stopped for a photo op and to rest the vehicles for short while before resuming the rest of the drive. lunch was nice and the drive back down ortega highway was uneventful save for the blue dodge that would not let us pass. we stopped for short while at the denny's near the I-5 exit for ortega. chavez, stacey and myself left last and made a trip to watch 'the lord of the rings: the return of the king', which was very enjoyable.

sorry we missed you on this event.

damon
1993 probe gt/1994 mx6 ls
president - www.scpoc.com

·
Registered
290 Posts
i was goin to go. but i got 2 probs. 1. my rear brakes are stuck. and didnt have time to fix that ****. and 2 i had a x mas party i had to attend and help set up..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Twist O Rama

Hi All

I am sooo bummed I had to miss the fun, but my wife ended up in the hospital all day long, I had the kids. We only thought she would get some meds, but they ended up finding that she has Pneumonia.

I thought I might be able to catch up with you guys at Casa Jimenez, but you had already come and gone. I got there at 4:30 but to no avail. I will try and catch up with y'all after the New Year.

If anyone has any pics, please post them, so that I can at least enjoy it that way. I had even got a "Gift" for each person that was to show up. Oh well, I will give it you all next month,
Happy Belated Holidays to all and to all a Great New Year.

Later,

Michael "T"
Slidin Sideways.:(

·
Registered
130 Posts
twistie o rama

Hi Damon,

When I actually go, I enjoy everyones company, the ideas that come from other cars. So as soon as the next one is planned I will do what it takes to make it. I am very committed to the
group(s).

Let me know when January's will be.

Later,

Michael"T"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts