Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.. I got a few scratches on my six and I was wondering if any of yall know a good wax or color cure that would remove them or fill them in. Also someone keyed the driver side door and I believe it penetrated the clear coat, is there any products to fill that in or would i be looking at a body shop?

thxs for tour help

·
Registered
37 Posts
hey. for swirl marks, mother's 3-step wax works good (the 2nd step is always for removing/covering up the swirls). also, meguiar's mirror glaze finish wax has a good 3 step wax that will take care of some of the swirls. as far as the scratches and key marks, you can get black and clear coat touch up paint. the paint code is on the passenger side door. you can go to any car place and try to get a similar color code. otherwise, try a mazda dealer. some sell mazda-specific touch-up paint. you will then want to put a few coats of the car color in the scratch to fill the scratch mark. make sure u wait until the coats dry before reapplying. after filling the scratch, apply one of two of the clear coat paint. after this dries for a day or so, get wet sandpaper (which u can also get at any care store--make sure it has a very fine grain). With a hose running water on the touchup paint, rub the surface of the paint even with the rest of the car's surface w/ the wet sandpaper. finally, get rubbing compund and rub the new paint and area around the paint. this will take care of the swirl marks the wet sandpaper will leave. if small swirls are still present, use some wax and make it nice and pretty. : )

good luck

brenda

1 - 2 of 2 Posts