Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the endless amount of stupid crap happens to my car, something new popped up yesterday.

Hittin up some Wendy's and I notice the screen on my cd player isn't lit up. The buttons are all glowing and I can see them fine, but no screen. Granted, it's like 5 years old, but what would cause this?

I've been f'ing with car audio for god knows how long, but this one stumps me. If a wire was disconnected, the buttons wouldn't illuminate, correct?

What's goin on here? Any ideas?

·
Registered
394 Posts
im guessing the radio is not stock?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I had seen this happen on my wife's Clarion - lights would remain, screen would blank, and the sound would stop. Turns out the power-antenna lead (which was connected to the factory antenna amplifier (VW JEtta) was overloading the radio, and causing it to partially shutdown in this manner. It ran fine with this setup for a few months before developing this issue. Removing the "overload" resolved the screen blanking.

Alternatively, a removable-face radio may have dirtied up the contacts for the face, or simply has been damaged internally... had to say without knowing the "life-experience" of the faceplate.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it plays music fine, got a sub and amp, still bumps.

not removable faceplate, so that rules out your latter idea

still stumped...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts