Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, this blows, my engine started overheating in the middle of the night. i got to a parking lot and went to look at it, and that was just ****ed up, i got my light and everything, opened my hood. it was steaming like a, well you know. I got AAA to tow it to my house and then looked at it again. I think i got a busted coolant pipe. Crap. Does anybbody know how much it is to replace it???help PLEEESE!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
If it's a coolant pipe it shouldn't be that much at all, just kinda of a b*&$ to get in through all of that turbo piping. How bad did it over heat, aluminum engines and heat don't go well together.....Good luck.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
We have a cast iron block but an aluminium head. So the head will warp before the block does.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That would be the general fear, i apologize for not clarifying myself, kinda new to the whole bulletin board thing, sorry.....

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Shouldn't be that big of a deal at all. The radiator hoses start at around $7.00 on up to probably no more than $20.

I just hope you didn't let it get too hot. How far did the temp guage go? If it didn't go more than 3/4 to the H, then there will probably be no after effects, but if it got hotter, then you will probably end up replacing the water pump soon (ceramic seals), or worse, maybe a warped head. But if the car runs like normal (after replacing the hose), don't fix anything until it breaks. The water pump will leak on the passenger side of the engine, down at the bottom.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts