Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side seat belt doesn't have much tension on it. In order for me to get it against my body I have to pull it out and let it retract back in several times.

Is a seat belt easy to replace or is this a part I should let Mazda work on?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I searched, but can't find a walk through for it. Where do I order the seat belt and such? I'm unsure how the system works exactly. do I need to replace everything or just a spring mechanism or something?

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Seat belts wear out after a while. I have to pull on mine once or twice to get them to fit right but I also have racing harnesses waiting to be installed so I won't have to worry about that for long.

PM hughes46 and ask him to send you one. Just ask him to send you one with good tension. There are two different styles of seat belts though. Make sure you tell him what year and model your car is.

Taking the seat belt off is very easy. There is one bolt on the top part, one bolt next to the seat, and a bolt and a screw behind the rear trim panel. Simply unbolt everything and bolt the new one in its place.

Edit: Actually, I have a set of tan ones but I am not sure how good the tension is. I'd sell you what you need for cheap but I can't guarantee it is better than what you have now.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
there isn't a walkthrough because there isn't a need for one. i'm sure once you unbolt stuff and once you get the panel off, you'll have no problems. i almost forgot, you'll want to pull the door sill up before you try to take the rear panel off

I searched, but can't find a walk through for it. Where do I order the seat belt and such? I'm unsure how the system works exactly. do I need to replace everything or just a spring mechanism or something?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the part isn't to expensive I think I'd just like a new one for this part since it's a safety device and I'd guess be far cheaper then an air bag or something. I guess it will depend on price.

I checked rockauto.com but they don't have a listing for a seat belt.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
not too sure if you can even find a new seatbelt. and if you do go to the dealer for it, who knows how much it'll cost. make sure you get the correct style. the old style has a slider bar thing on the bottom where the newer style has just one bolt where the seal belt connects to.

If the part isn't to expensive I think I'd just like a new one for this part since it's a safety device and I'd guess be far cheaper then an air bag or something. I guess it will depend on price.

I checked rockauto.com but they don't have a listing for a seat belt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts