Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently decided that I want to add a little more power to my MX-6. A friend of my has a wrecked MX-6, but the engine still works perfectly. I would like to get it and modify my car to use both engines. I was wondering if this would be possible? I have only seen one other car that has this kind of setup, the Suzuki Escudo. I was also wondering how I would go about making my MX-6 all wheel drive? Any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
I think hes crazy..!!!

but what do I know!?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hmm.... 165 hp with AWD and easy to get more power w/out the engine swapping or the added weight of 2 engines at the same time... Suby RS2.5?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Northstar V8 Swap......Dual Engine MX6????... What are people smoking these days???.... Whatever it is.. where can I get some?

Even if that DID work, it would make the car slower. The added weight will make it worse than it already is... All's you'll have though is torque. I woudn't even bother...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
well guy i know this is crazy i was thinking about droping a 472 in mine but i would have to put the other engine in the truck what u think hahaha that is crazy stuff yall think up, but owell i want some of that stuff yall smoke up too where u get it?????lol

·
Registered
359 Posts
THE GAS!

Today gas prices are as high as they ever have been. Can you imagine how much gas you would burn for two engines. I wonder how much gas would cost you in a week??

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Ok I worked at the Ford dearlership for 3 years and am Master ASE Cartified. So this is how you do it. Get a 94 Jeep transfer case and a Ford drive shaft and take your engine out and get some motor mounts from a 68 Farlane. Use those to mount the first engine in your engine bay. Then get some carbon fiber boarding to seperate the back seat from the front and use the other engine as a mid engine. Hook up the transfer cse to the mid engine and weild a metal bar to the inside of the axle. Use a Ford 9 inch pos. traction rearend to hook it up. This will work I promise. HAHAHA.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Not that I would do this, but, this guy took a cadillac and put an engine in the rear, and ran 4wd. Saw it in a car and driver, or road and track or something. Ran a 5.1 0-60 with two v8 engines. I wouldn't think it would be worth it to run two engine, even if you could do it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Weight

Seeing as how there is going to be much more weight added on to my MX-6 and not that much of a power increase to compensate the additional weight, I was wondering what other type of engines might be available that are more powerful but somewhere around the same size? Or would it be possible to add turbos to both engines and if so, what are some turbos that are available for the MX-6 V6 2.5L and what are good places to get these turbos at?
-r0gu3

·
Registered
488 Posts
If you replace the rods, pistons and crankshaft in engine with stronger item you can eitehr order a twin-turbo kit from Thomas Knight (TKT Turbos) or have one made. The bottom end of the KL engine has been proven to hold up to 550 hp in that form. But be prepared to spend some cash.:)

G

·
I read your post and i think it kix ass, so i am gonna go buy a mclaren and put another v-12 in the passengers seat i could probably get 250 out of it then, hahah you are such a bullshitter, i cant believe you are that dumb, thinking us people would be dumb enough to believe that. God you are such an idiot for putting that up. Ok well i am gonna go back to sleep and dream about my skyline.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
justbar, hey man when u get the mclean can i set in the other passager seat and go ride with u, cause that would be phat, well if would be something like the double engine hahahahahahah sooooooo much bullshit

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Turbos

After much consideration, I have come to the conclusion that I should go with a very large turbo instead of the second engine. I am going upgrade some of the mods also. Thinking about adding a larger NOS system to it. Well, whatever I decide to do .... I will take pics of the progress.
-r0gu3

1 - 17 of 17 Posts