Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm gonna put my mx6 on sale this spring, I wanted to get an idea of what would be a good price for this car. It's a 96' LS V6 with a 110k and it has a full service history from Mazda.
These are a few pictures taken last fall just before it was stored. The car is in really good condition, the only thing that doesn't work is the antenna(It's stuck:shrug:).

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
and with only 110k on it? thats rare! and i'm drooling! haha do you know a ballpark range that you would like to get for it?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
nooo that is way to much... in ontario a mint low k 6 you'll be lucky to get 3500-4000 and that would be pretty lucky! lol

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
6-7k? looks mint
loL, waaaay too much like Shane said. $4000 is the max for a typical mint 96-97. HOWEVER, with only 110,000km, you may be able to pull $4500-$4750.

Looks like it's in beautiful condition :tup: I would honestly feel much better about spending that much on a mint STOCK mx6 than drop $5000 on one that's already been modded like crazy...I feel more comfortable that nothing has been tampered with

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yup the car is all stock, showroom condition. the only people that worked on it was Mazda.

·
Registered
729 Posts
car looks very nice! if there is nothing mechanically wrong with it ask for 5g. I'm tired of our poor cars being lowballed. you prob won't get 5 but 4 still seems low and kinda fair I guess.
Also this is a bad time to be selling a car I've heard. the market is def. a buyers market right now, so you may only get 3g or less offered to you.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
Sweet looking car...you can pick up a new antenna mast at the dealer for $41, I just called and asked about it last week. There's a writeup on this site on how to replace it too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys for you input, I was hoping for a bit higher than that. But thats true the market is not good to be selling right now, I forgot about that. I'll try anyway, if I don't get a good offer i'll just keep it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
last year when i was going to sell my car i had an offer of 5000 and that was me giving them a broken windshield... i took too long to decide cuz i didnt rly know if i wanted to sell but,, needless to say for a six as stunning as yours you can get good money..
if i had cash and wanted to continue in the six game for a long time i would probably buy it as a summer car because it is in rly good condition.. the body looks crazy good.

rreminds me of my car when i first got it,,,, i paid 4500 for a 97 in a similar condition ( although mine had the odd ding where urs seems to be perfect)
with 110k , but mine is auto ... you should get at least that today and i would say that would be a good price to expect to get ,, so i would list it at like 5500 expecting low ballers..( if i were you i would check to see if u can get safety and etest because that will open your doors to an older crowd that is wary of people that do not sell safety and etested

anyways GL

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea i'm gonna put it up for sale this spring and see what i can get, the safety and etest are no problem, i'm gonna have those done for sure.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Sell it out in British columbia and i guaren-fucking-tee you will get atleast 7000$ for it.

For some reason these cars are MEGA expensive and sexy and rare over here

Don't believe me? Look on BC craigslist Vancouver... every MX6 is like 3000$ for a shitty one. A mint one could easily fetch 7000$

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Hey, it was good to finally put a face on the screename...you should at least bring it out for the next meet before u sell it, that would be sick.

And seriously, I would keep it if I were you. Even though I haven't driven my MX6 since November, just remembering the feeling of gunning it, the low slung position, the feel with the road: driving every other car I've had the chance to this winter, including my Probe beater, there hasn't been any experience close to it. I know I would regret it if I sold mine.

·
Registered
939 Posts
i think you should keep it .

the fact is that you wont get a proper price for it.

if you keep it at the moment you can have it running for years to come for cheap since there is such a large knowledge base on these cars., and frankly if ur selling it because it not good in the winter, you should go drive it in a 60 cm storm,, its really not bad.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had a green 93' mx6 before this one and i drove that one in snow, it was alot of fun, now I drive zman's mx6 in winter, I keep mine in storage. its rust free and i'm trying to keep it that way. I do love the car, the way it feels its awesome and for sure when I sell it, it will be sad, but im lacking in storage place to keep it. dan your right it will be hard to get the proper price, if I try and find any other car in that condition it will prob cost me close to 10k.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts