Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing some serious thinking and I am thinking of selling the 6. After losing my license i started saving my money with the intentions of modifying my car in order to get her ready to circuit race....but now im having second thoughts.

My original plans were (being brief)
-Injectors
-Fuel pump
-ZE cams
-Manifold
-Flywheel + Clutch + short shifter
-Complete suspension setup
-Rebuild (done 192kms)
-Stand alone FM
-pulleys
-thermal spacers
-CAI
-Headers
-exhaust
-Engineering certificate (depending on how modified it looked/sounded ;)
-+ severely debating with my mate over Turbo/supercharger

Doing everything with me and my bestmates labour (yes the rebuild too- mate is a mechanic) over weekends and weeknights. (my car is sitting there now and will be for the next 5 months)

With all that money and time im wondering if it will be worth it. Unless someone can convince me that with those mods I will run a mid to high 13 I am going to sell the 6, save up a bit more and buy an allready worked Lancer GSR that I have seen a few for sale for 20kish (1 of which had a 2.0 litre Evo3 motor) which is more than capable of running a 12 sec quarter + the benefit of AWD on the track.

What do you reckon. Would i be better off just buying somebodies elses work who has just had enough of it?

Your opinions are greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
if you don't have the passion for the one car SELL IT

the fact your considering another car is a reason to sell it.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
... or do what I'm doing and save up for a real supercar :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
if only the mx6 was rear wheel drive. thats why im going to sell mine and either get a hi lux for work, 4x4ing and sticking to the speed limit (need licence to keep job) or i get a supra 88 twin turbo 3L. ive had my eye on a car like that. only i cant make up my mind

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
bikemat said:
i've had the same problem... decided i'm selling for a 4wd and the car is listed up for sale.... big step and it's going to be very sad to see her go. Hope i get a fast sale now
I trust you aren't going to clog up the city traffic with a 4WD.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Yeah sell,

RWD/AWD is what you want for the track...

that is ofcourse, unless u luv your car heaps!.. but then again, you would prob luv your new car heaps aswell!! so sell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts