Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have set the idle on my other MX6 GT without problems. I know the basics here. Ground the green wire to disconnect the computer. Check to verify that the idle is at 750 +- 25. Easy. Well the problem that I am having is that I can't get the idle up above 700 and I don't know why. I can take it down till the car stalls, but not up. I like to have it set at least 800, and on my other car I can take it up further than that.... what gives? Anyone had any experience in this? The throttle wheel is setting at it's endstop, without much play in the throttle cable. Any other causes for this? Vaccume leaks still or would this be something else?

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Try spraying throttle body/carb cleaner in the little ports on the wall of the throttle body (before the plates). They tend to get gummed up causing all sorts of idle problems.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, will try that tonight. When I cleaned the TB before I was a bit hesitant to get a lot of cleaner in there so I skipped that part.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Dont worry. Spray liberally. Most of it will dry off or just get burned when you start the engine.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, the screw is what I used. I cleaned up the small holes and was able to get it to idle at about 825-850 yesterday. That looked good. Still have trouble starting after the car sits for a while and is still warm but working on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts