Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my engine back together and need some info on setting the TPS and IAC part of it too-does anybody know the value the tps has at closed and wot and what wire at the ecu i can read this off of Thanx

·
Registered
282 Posts
To set the TPS you will require a multimeter and a feeler guage.

Step one: Adjust the throttle butterfly so it is fully closed. This is done by adjusting the small set screw and lock nut. Look around the actuator and you will see it. You adjust the screw so it just makes contact with the actuator without moving the butterfly.

Step Two: Connect the Multimeter on an ohms range across the two bottom pins of the TPS (there are four pins). Insert a .15mm feeler guage shim in between the screw you adjusted in step one and the throttle body (this opens the butterfly a bit). There should be continuity measured on the bottom two pins of the TPS. I have found this to be typicaly about 40 to 70 ohms.

Step three: replace the .15mm shim with a .5mm shim and measure for an open circuit on the two bottom pins of the TPS.

If either step two or three fail, loosen the two screws on the TPS and adjust it until steps two and three pass.

A bit of mucking around but you will eventually get it set.

As far as I'm aware there are no adjustments to be made on the BAC valve (idle control).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts