Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here we go! Now that I have your attention, this is my car! I finished it last july, but just now posting some pics of it now, I was going to post pics shortly, but I saw Jorge posted one already in a new thread he posted so I thought I'd give you guys a heads up.

(JORGE, I just noticed that too when you mentioned the fog lights on mine being extended farther than yours, I always thought yours was the same. I know for my body guy, fernando, ha! great guy, he had alot of experience working with fiberglass, but that lower portion in fog light is incredibly strong & he found it almost impossible to cut. He must have cut at least an inch & half into outer foglight so they could fit perfect, and we then made bracket for them to fit into place, as there was nothing to support them, etc. It's same erebuni kit though, cause got mine straight from them in ny. Man, what a crappy as time with customs & shipping company. Erebuni like changes your name on it into a company name to bypass blah blah. Man I hope I never have to deal with them again)

Sorry about quality of pics, kind of dark etc, but best i have right now. nothing wrong with my fogs in second pic, just flash i guess. These were taken last summer. 93 MX6 LS V6, currently as some of you know, my atx tranny went this week at 125,000 kilometres and i'm swapping to 5spd as we speak, oh another month/half till can drive again. This canadian loves his six, and is not going to get rid of her ever. I took me countless aspirins to put everything together and still have to finish interior. Everything was a headache, from kit being inches to wide or long, relocating turn signals to make her law abiding, etc. etc.
Hope you guys enjoy, tell me what you think. Personally, and I know it's my car, I think & ladies too, lol, she is one of the sexiest sixes. I wanted to go for a classy elegant yet sporty clean look. Hopefully soon I'll have some better pics for everyone.

Thanks,

Chris.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I love your car MAN!!!!!!!! VERY NICE! whats in the interior?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Dont you wish you didnot have the front tag on the car. takes a way from the car i think. the kit looks nice on the car tooo. i like the way you toook the pics of the car too. show more of the inside.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your comments, the interior is not finished yet, when finished, i'll post some pics.

Ya, I do wish we didn't need front license tag here, but what can you do, it's mandatory. I didn't want to bs around & get stopped all the time for that garbage so I thought i'd try put in the best place. You guys are lucky if you don't need front lic. plate.

Yzf, each to his own I guess, you're actually the first person ever who didn't like rims. Enough respect though bro, I thought they fit the whole package perfect.

Thanks guys!

R

·
0 Posts
sweeettttttt

love those j-spec headlight............

do you know where can i get it?:D

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yzf, no no none taken at all bro. Much respect for sure,
OZ's are mad sweet too! Funny would have been if I listened to my buddy and bought some Concept Neeper Haaz. Lol, don't know if you've seen those, simple but big statement.

Take it easy man.
Later!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The zeus of toronto 6's!

very nice ISPYNU... very nice indeed... nice and clean shaven! all you need now is my dual exhaust set up and your done :D (j/k - but if ur interested i got mines done for only $500 dollaz with piping and all) i still cant wait ti'll u bring it down one day so i can see it in person... u did a great job... BTW whos jacob and why did u steal his ignition? LoL... :eek:

·
0 Posts
Hey bro that shit looks nice and clean i'm getting my kit in a couple of weeks. EMAIL me so i can see if the kit gave u any problems. Also Are those 18's or 17's and do u have springs or coilovers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
so, how much was the kit after the xchange rate?

how much was customs and brokeage fee?
let me know, cuz i'm interested in that kit too.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Very sweet.

G

·
0 Posts
Now that is one sweet ass car. I love the color too.
What sort of body kit is that? I am having so many problems finding nice body kits. I like your headlites too
But yeah. Sweet car :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am so glad you posted your pic. I have been wondering what a Erebuni 44 kit would look like with the stock spoiler because I want to do the same!! IT LOOKS AMAZING! I am in Canada too and I would like to find out what you paid for the kit and the J-Spec headlights! What color is your paint job? I was thinking about going Midnight Blue to match the tuner nuts on my rims.
Sweet Car man!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yo that is one sexy car. The rims I think are a nice touch. Different from the rest of us who a 5 spoke. But if you would have gotten the Haaz that would have been all she wrote. Well any way mad props to you. You have done well.})

·
Registered
236 Posts
Looks very clean.. like the others, I'd like to see some interior and engine shots! Keep it up

·
Registered
166 Posts
nice car. love the rims. love the headlights. did i mention how sweeeeeeeeeet those rims are ??

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you so much guys for your comments. Very Much appreciated. The kit is from Erebuni #44. If looking to buy best to order directly from them. It needed extensive modifying to fit. Bumper was an inch to wide, called them, blah blah blah, we don't back our product. That's the only thing is there are horrible for service and they don't care at all once they've got your buck. We got the rear bumper to fit without having to cut it in half which we thought we were going to have to do. A bracket was necessary to be made for front/back & I needed to custom fit the factory fogs in the front bumper as kit is to small to fit and brackets had to be made for front them to fit. You could always not use I guess and just do up some other fogs. I then used my original turn signals from factory headlights and placed them into the fogs which worked out good and no problems from piggers as the jspec lights have no turning signal in them. There is a corner lamp only & other two lights. Then I used sidemarkers from front bumper and placed them into projectors to use as corner lamp. Anyways, it's very tight in engine bay with the Jspec projectors, i'll try to get pics. You have to cut away at the frame to make them fit in and doing a bunch of re-wiring. The kit itself was moulded on, paint was ruby mica from factory which was darkened a little with pearl and all emblems, antenna, trunk key removed and some chip protection was placed on skirts to avoid any spiderwebs etc. I store in winter, too cold up here and I heard can have problems with fiberglass in colder weather, warping etc. The kit cost about $1300 canadian after shipping, taxes and duty, etc. You get the kit, and it's all just thrown in no protection etc so inspect it. I just had some small chips on skirts, but no big deal. The key is finding a good body shop to do the work. It can get pricey, and the shop must have experience with fiberglass, most mainstream ones will not bother as not worth their time & effort. For repaint of whole car, mould kit on etc, probably around $5000+ at good shop. Patience is the key. Also, contact insurance company. Most companies will want an appraisal as you've modified the body, and some may not wish to insure. If you don't they won't give you anything for your modifications!
The lights cost me a $1000 canadian plus about $250 for taxes, shipping, etc.
Bought lights from

http://www.corksport.com

kits available from erebuni are shogun & #44
http://www.erebunicorp.com/

also tc sports kit - thread
http://www.mx6.com/newmx6/board/showthread.php?threadid=59&highlight=body

did i miss any other kits?

Hopefully I've answered everyone's questions, if anyone else, please let me know. I've been sick last day or two & finally responding. I spent 20 minutes last week re-typing, I submitted reply & was told have to login after I'd already done so, damn was mad, this type copying just in case. Ok, now I'm babbling, sorry.

Thanks again for comments guys, Later!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts